HybridZ

have 400 hp 383 with lackluster power

I'm sure the pump and line are enough to spin a tire.

Getting there with the specs but need more please (help us, help you).

now for the gear and stall converter.

Can you look at your engine specs and see what cam they gave you.

what ignition timing are you using?? (initial, total mechanical, vacuum advance)

tell us about the exhaust system.

how did you set up the TV cable?

tune the carb any???

brand new 400 horse motor from blueprint engines..dart heads, eldelbrock 700 cfm carb...700r tran...r200 rear...runs ok..cannot smoke tires at all...

step one

set the timeing and verify that its advancing smoothly from about 12 BTDC at idle to about 37-38 degrees at 3000rpm

next

adjust the valves while it idles to a 1/4 turn in from where it clicks when they are loosened up

adjust the spark plug gap to between .043-.047

advust the fuel pressure to 4.5-5 PSI and verify you get a MINIMUM of a QT of fuel in 30 seconds

set the floats correctly

check for vacuum leaks

make sure the throttles open 100% fully

do a compression check and use a backpressure gauge to see what the restriction to flow in the exhaust is.

learn how to read plugs

IF you installed the cam, VERIFY and DEGREE IN THE CAM

I have zero idea as to your location, but if you close to palm bch fla drive bye and Ill help you figure it out

I didn't know that Edelbrock made a 700 cfm carb, are you sure it's not a 600 cfm electric choke type? If so it will kill it. How much cam do you have in it, type and duration, lift, lobe sep.

What do the plugs look like? Lean, rich?

This is an excellent example of a member providing clear direction on what info is required to help another member out in this particular issue...

Wonder53, this thread reminds me of a joke... Sadsack goes around complaining about the fact that he never wins the lottery, shaking his fist to the heavens, he says "God, why not me?"... One day god has enough, zings his arse with a lightning bolt and says "Sadsack, you have to meet me half way... BUY A TICKET!!!"

Give us the specific details needed and your answers might just appear.

Mike

we need to know things like....

CARB,

INTAKE MANIFOLD

TRUE COMPRESSION RATIO

THE CAM USED

THE HEADS used

PISTONS

REAR GEAR RATIO

IGNITION used

WHATS a COMPRESSION TEST SHOW

HOW WERE THE VALVES LASHED/ADJUSTED

your fuel line size

ETC,ETC,ETC.

secondaries opening up? Throttle linkage set correctly?

Engine rev past 3000? Does it rev slow? Throttle response okay?

Transmission shift gears smoothly? What size stall? Enough transmission fluid?

This kind of reminds me of being a kid, out horsing around late one night trying to hit a road sign with rocks. It was so dark you couldn't see the sign, but every now and then you could still hear it ring. You never knew if the rock went to high or low, wide left or wide right, but if you picked up a whole handful of rocks, you pretty much hit it all the time.

BTW - who keeps messing with the signatures? Well, it's cheap entertainment, some of them pretty funny.