HybridZ

Junk yard adventure

Globerunner513

I could have saved him the effort and told him that ;)

Fairfield has been scarce on S30 cares lately. Last time I saw any was before I bought my 75' and there were two, a 78' and 75'. Havn't seen a S30 there since (2 months+).

hows Richmond? Im still hoping to get luck and find an airdam or something

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaa, didn't get a chance this weekend. Ended up being way busier than expected.

The dream theater concert was good though :D

I hope to maybe stop by the richmond yard tonight after I get home from work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I've seen you car at sweetbay dr / old wolburn. And we have a mutual friend J. Vaughn (unless you are him, I don't know).

I just got my Z back 1.5 weeks ago and I haven't seen your's there for a long time.

I really want to stop and check yours out and see what you've done to it. PM me or msg me so we can meet up!

I need my carbs rejetted (added a k&N and seems to like running with the choke on a little bit - running lean?) and I have been told have the head rebuilt (hardened valve seats) for unleaded gas. Can I just replace it with a later model one? Does Gundy's have them? Where is this local pick'n pull?

-Buma

PM sent :D

Yeah as above, most of the time I'm out here in Spokane for school, and I just have to kind of make my own breaks whenever i can. I'll be going out back to bellingham this friday however until memorial day.

As far as the local pick and pulls, I honestly havn't been to many. I go to lummi island for most things i need. gundy's is a great place, but its very rare that they stock a car as old as ours. The pick and pull from this thread is in spokane.

this probably sounds silly, but I have never seen a turbo valve cover just polished before. Its BEAUTIFUL.

Maybe paint the "background" of the field within the rectangle red, paint the "background" of the upraised emboss that says Nissan blue, and leave the rest (letter surfaces and ridge/entire rest of cover) polished?

Stop trying to tempt me over to the dark side!!!!!!! I'll jump across when I am good and ready, and nothing is happening in the next few months any way!

ah, my bad... TBH, in my eyes that somewhat blurry photo WAS "polished" compared to the stock black finish... Its polished enough that its easier to picture than when the thing is black. I am betting its far more polished than it looks in the photo, too.. but yes, I suppose I meant "bare aluminum."

dunno, but the only tool it takes is a dremel, a few buffing wheels, and some compound.. the wheels could be purchased singly at home depot, or as part of a kit. polishing kits are cheap; at least, simple little polishing kits like the bare minimum you would need to get a valve cover done. It isn't anything like as serious or detailed as polishing a combustion chamber. I cant give yo specifics on what type of wheels to use, but they would be cloth.. one of these days, my brothers and I are going to get around to making a little bit of money off of polishing and selling some of the plethora of valve covers we have in the garage O parts.