HybridZ

Sway Bar and LSD Brace

I ordered a Suspension Techniques 3/4" rear bar for my 240z. I got around to installing the new uorights that allow the bar to be mounted in the rear ward position. I came to a hiccup though. I am running an LSD and have the brace for it. Unfortunately the brace runs across the back in the same spot the bar would run! Has anyone else had this problem, what did you do?

I don't think spacing the brace out is a good idea. Maybe there is a bar from another car that will plug right in? Thanks!

I am contimplating making my own or just ordering an AZC rear brace. Hmm.

I'm pretty sure the shortnose R200 finned cover isn't as deep as the longnose R200 finned cover. I believe Ross's part is designed for the shortnose diff. It could probably be modded to fit, or you could make your own. Gary, are you still making your version? It should work: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126208&page=9

EDIT--Wait a minute. Gary's mounts above the bushing cups, so that won't work. It's not hard to make your own. Or the NOS part should work.

Ya. I have been looking at the NOSMS part, but I am wondering if it is compatible with stock uprights. I just don't want to keep dumping cash into the rear here.

I am also sort of curious on how everyone who bought these braces plans on running a sway bar - unless it is a front style sway bar.

No, the batch I had made up was a single run deal. As for Ross' rear brace, if the stock brace is removed & you use this new one, it should fit. The above pic shows just a section of the stock brace removed. In this pic, you can see how it would work and it could most likely be notched for clearance, if there was an issue. I thought I read or heard that this brace is made to clear the R200 finned cover, too!

IMG_0043-vi.jpg

The above pic shows just a section of the stock brace removed. In this pic, you can see how it would work and it could most likely be notched for clearance, if there was an issue. I thought I read or heard that this brace is made to clear the R200 finned cover, too!

I think you're right in that it can be notched for more clearance, but I think the R200 that it fits is the shortnose, which has a smaller finned sump area.

No, the batch I had made up was a single run deal. As for Ross' rear brace, if the stock brace is removed & you use this new one, it should fit. The above pic shows just a section of the stock brace removed. In this pic, you can see how it would work and it could most likely be notched for clearance, if there was an issue. I thought I read or heard that this brace is made to clear the R200 finned cover, too!

IMG_0043-vi.jpg

I can't view the image for whatever reason. I think it is a dead link. If I am understanding corrently though, the concern I have with notching the brace is that it will lose the rigidity that the bent piece gives the brace. Hmm.

You can use the azc/nosm rear brace with the stock mustache bar. The mustache bar needs a slight trim to clear the sway bar mounts though, only takes a minute. I have a pic on here somewhere when I did mine.

Is thatwith or with out NOSMS/Arizona Zcar uprights? Thanks for the info. :)