HybridZ

scottymizt's rb30det project is finally underway

scottyMIz

Jitter, yea i wil be around. Rob as far as i know the only thing that needs to be changed is the oil feed for the vct. Is there anything else that needs to be done to use it?

Its more involved than that I'm afraid, there are water ports that don;t line up either, we alloy weld up and reshape the ports in the head and block off the oil feed at the same time, then we externally feed the vct if its to be used.

Get a R33 RB25 head gasket and compare it to a R32 or RB30 head gasket and you'll see what I mean.

Its not a real big job but you need someone very good with a tig welder to do the welding for you.

Rob

thanks rob do you have a pic showing what you are discribing? i dont have a r30 head gasket :( is it just the one water port or more? If u could tell me which ones it would help alot. oh yea does the oil line for the vct have to be hooked up or can i just block it off? I dl'd the rb30dohc pdf but it is very vauge on the rb25det head.

Its the large one next to the oil feed port for the vct.

When we weld them up we weld up the oil feed at the same time, re-shape the port to suit the block then surface it, if you don't want vct its ready to go like that.

If you want vct you need to get an oil supply into the tube running verticle in the front of the head.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

head is welded and ground down now, i just need to get a rb30 head gasket to make the water port the right side then i'll reshape the port. I'll get pics to help anyone out that wanna see ;) and raff i'll take out a loan:)) Also jitter my buddy has been busy but he has been working on the jun collars, i fixed the spoiler wing for his s 10 so maybe it will kick him in it butt to do more. If he does we will have jun collars for sale here in the states i think jitter and i agreed on 80 bucks or so.

head is welded and ground down now, i just need to get a rb30 head gasket to make the water port the right side then i'll reshape the port. I'll get pics to help anyone out that wanna see ;) and raff i'll take out a loan:)) Also jitter my buddy has been busy but he has been working on the jun collars, i fixed the spoiler wing for his s 10 so maybe it will kick him in it butt to do more. If he does we will have jun collars for sale here in the states i think jitter and i agreed on 80 bucks or so.

I'd say they're Jitter collars now. Or Jitt-Raff collars. :icon45: lol.

and before you take out that loan, take a look at the exchange rate if you want to giggle a bit.

:mrgreen:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...