HybridZ

won't go past 85 mph

zmaster

I got on the highway yesterday, and i found out my 75 280z coupe with a 4 speed manual will not go past 85 mph does anyone know how i can stop the govenor from restricting me to 85 mph? I want a track car that will pass 85 mph can anyone help? Please

yes i do believe there is a govenor, because i give it full throttle, and it hit 85 really fast, and then it slows down then speeds up tyo 85, and repeats. I want to drive this car semi stock for now, and i have seen the stock 280z's hit 120, so how did they do it? how do you modify the govenor? I will do some more searching on the govenor.

yes i do believe there is a govenor, because i give it full throttle, and it hit 85 really fast, and then it slows down then speeds up tyo 85, and repeats. I want to drive this car semi stock for now, and i have seen the stock 280z's hit 120, so how did they do it? how do you modify the govenor? I will do some more searching on the govenor.

They did not come from the factory with a governor. If there is one, some one put it in on their own, it's not original.

when i am in the car and hit 85 i can feel the car pull to 85 mph, and then it will stop, then it slows down by about 2 mph, then i can feel the car pull back to 85 and it does this repeatedly. i really want to faster than 85 Where should i look if someone put a govenor on my car? where should i start?

Do you have cruise control, That is goverend on both my zx's. It has to be on to work. Other wise no governor except hp.

Even with the crusie on you can still exceed the speed the crusie will just shut off.

Mabey your bro is trying to help you out.?

no exhaust restriction, or bent exhaust pipes. my setup is completely stock except for a cold air intake with a K&N air filter. No it does not have cruise control, what would a vacuum leak do? no aftermarket ecu YET. I want to have some fun with my stock engine before i buy a LS2 motor.