HybridZ

240z dash question

AFAIK, the 280 dash will bolt right into the chassis, I haven't read about anyone having problems with that and it looks to be the same in comparison, but the heater control panel is different, along with the way the gauges mount is different. There's a couple other minor differences too that I don't recall.

• 3 weeks later...
let me say from experience that a 240z dash will not fit into a 260z body. I am currently attempting to swap out the steering assembly as well, hopefully it will fit then.
What he said, although I haven't done it. However, after looking, it appears they are mounted differently. You could probably make it fit with a little bit of fabrication, although I'm pretty sure you'll also need the matching 280z center console, to make it all fit.

WOW!

Now I know why I just pulled and sold my dash to Alex ;)

I'm going to try this on one of the other Z dashes that I have that is cracked pretty severely. I'll be sure to take pictures when I do it although it probably won't be any time soon.

ibelieve the top mounting holes will line up but I know the hump mounts are different and maybe the lower end mounts? also the dash is different where it meants the console so you'd have to swap consoles as well, and the guages mount differently

Sorry but the 260/280Z dash will NOT fit in a 240Z without extensive modifications.

The steering column mount area, tunnel mounting, the whole heater control area as well as the air distribution system connected to the dash are completely different.

I went through adapting a later dash to my 240Z because I had no choice. The Alpha 1 GTO dash was designed to mount on a 260/280Z steel skeleton, (after the vinyl covering and foam was removed). Since my car is a 240Z I bought a 260Z dash and had to adapt it. I ended up doing a lot of cutting and welding of the two different dashboard skeletons and HVAC components to make it work. I could not have done it if I had to save the padding and vinyl covering.

236622_5_full.jpg