HybridZ

2010 370z photo

WickedWild

LOL....Light and ugly wins!

Look at the silver one and note the rear flares. The top of the flare is about lined up with the bottom of the side window lines. The yellow one is much less agressive in that area. The fangs in the silver one lean back. The mouth on the silver one ends right under the inside of the headlights like the S30. The yellow one's opening goes too wide. The front bumper/hoodline crease carries around the corner on the silver one. It dissapears in the yellow one. A lot of this could be lighting and fiction but these details are what makes the silver one nicer in my mind.

LOL....Light and ugly wins!

A lot of this could be lighting and fiction but these details are what makes the silver one nicer in my mind.

Yeah, you're right. I like how it has more of a fastback look with a long hood and more vacuum formed lines like the original Z , and not like a bloated bubble car.

But, I'll bet we get the other style of course :(

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Seems like the roof line is comming down more. Front bumper of the silver car looks MUCH better than the previous pictures/cars. The headlights aren't AS BAD, but could still use some work.

Hood buldge is mediocore. Looks kinda sissy to me. Could be a bit more agressive. But that's ok, hopefully aftermarket companies could make a better looking on with some guts.

If they really get it down to around 3000 pounds with the extra power, and the same price range then it's an improvement upon the last one that I'll gladly welcome. The Z33 isn't a BAD car by any means. We all know and agree (for the most part) that it has lots of potential and is a very well handling car when modified and tuned well. Hopefully nissan gives us something BETTER to work with, not spoiling the suspension in favor of cost and comfort.

I really want to see some good side profile shots. Looks like the shortened the back quite a bit, which will help the hood look nice and long like the origonal, but I just want to get a sense of how much. I love the long hood look of the origonal S30, BMW Z4, and TVR cars and I'm hoping they pull off that siloette that I love.

There's nothing like feeling that rear wheel arch on your back while staring down a long hood line.

Maybe it's just my skepticism but the headlights on the orange car look potoshopped big time around the edges. Neither of the hoods are very intimidating. The silver one looks like it has the hood of a 90s mustang, not in a good way. From the little to be seen of the back half, the silver one is still much better. The quarter window is a lot like the late 60s chevelles. That one still has the bulgy sideways door handle, which leads me to believe they still don't know where to put it, because in both cases it was totally cropped in after the fact. The orange one also has an extra sharp edge spanning down the side of the car that doesn't function very well, especially with its intersection with the headlights and front fender. And those canines are soo pointless. They would probably be the main reason people buy new or after market bumpers because they keep snapping them off when they bump something. Also, the grill makes some sort of smashed chevy logo. No thanks.

I was looking for info on the 370z and found this

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/04/01_nis_360_des_study.jpg

it's from Nissan 360 it's a sheet pulled against the car. look at the rim design. Look familiar? (if not, take a VERY good look at the silver cars rims) the body shape ALSO fits the silver car

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/29/nissan-360-the-design-future-and-the-new-380z/

the orange car looks like a 350z that had panels mocked up. the silver one looks awesome. headlights are a bit funny, but it looks good. there's no way the orange and silver cars could be the same. just look at the body lines. the orange car has a horrible crease going down the side, where as the silver one has a very smooth body that flows nicely imo.

I started looking at article dates. the yellow/orange car came FAR before the silver car. the picture of the car with cloth pulled tight over it came before the unveiling of the silver car. SO the silver car=new Z at least, to me

and you know what, despite the weird fang headlights, i LIKE that silver car. it looks exactly like what the 350z SHOULD HAVE looked like. a modern take on a retro car, without looking retro at all.

• 4 months later...

heres the latest.

if you look at the profile, it's turning more and more into the datsun s30 again. I mean, no more butt stickin out from the hatch slope, it's not a smooth transition into the tail section. the 350z was smooth too but it had a jutt that stuck out. I'm not too fond of some of the cues though. I love the super fat ass though!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081009.006/nissan-370z-latest-spy-photos--rendering

If they would change that fender and headlight design I would be all aboard for the new design. From the back and side it looks MUCH better that the 350Z however those headlights just kill it for me. They need to go to a refined sugar scoop design like the S30 had. They are so close to the perfect balance and they screwed it up!

Wait, you don't like the ass to stick out, yet you acclaim to loving fat asses? Does not compute.

a long ass is different from a fat ass for a car.

If you look at it from behind, or the front, it looks fat. if you look at it from the side, it looks long.

the S30 has a clean slop that goes from the top of the roof-line straight to the back, with almost no obstruction or upwards curve. the 350z does that.

I don't know which one i like better right now, bu I think the 370 is closer to the s30 than the 350 is.