HybridZ

Help - clutch problems

my 1974 datsun 260z : the clutch is real hard to get in and i have to turn the car off to get in reverse. another thing is that when it is in a gear and im stoped it wants to shut off but if i relase the brake with it in gear it starts rolling with the clutch all the way to the floor just like its in gear so is there a adjustment i could make to fix this any help would be great thanks

Sounds to me like your clutch linkage is jacked up, since it isn't getting (fully) disconnected when you floor the clutch pedal. Did this just start, or did you work on the clutch recently and this only happened after that? Or has this been going on for awhile?

just started but getting worse and the fluid is a little low and even when its all the way i still have a hard time getting it in and no i just bought this car i dont know when or if he touched the clutch the only thing he did to the car was change it to a 5-speed

• Administrators

3sev3n,

You’re new here and based on your posts, obviously have not read our rules and guidelines. Please take the time to read through them, especially #3, #5.

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=135&a=2

Also, lack of using either of the SHIFT keys on your keyboard and lack of pretty much any punctuation whatsoever, is exactly what this thread linked below is all about.

Please read it…

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=131518

Try adjusting the rod connected to the clutch pedal and the master cylinder. I moved mine pretty much all the way to the end of the rods travel and that fixed it for me. Also maybe try and loosen up the pedal stopper so the pedal comes up a little higher. The pedal should be like 8-8.5 inchs from the plate on the floor.