HybridZ

choice of engine swap?

it all depends on how much money you want to put in. personally, i dont know if an l28 can handle that kind of hp on stock internals. my guess would be no. but even if it could, i'd spend the money and replace the internals anyway. i'd rather be safe than sorry.

also, upgrading to turbo depends on your car setup already. will you have to buy a new fuel pump? pressure regulator? how nice do you want it to look? it's all money, and how much you are willing to spend to make it right.

... which is the stage i'm at. look up, research, read, test, ask, etc etc etc. and do my homework before i take any action. there was a 280zxt for sale here in so cal. complete car for $600. i was 1/2 tempted to go buy it for necessary parts. but then i have to think, will i need a bigger turbo than the T3 it came with? do i want a p90a head for the quieter lifters as compared to a p90. the car wouldnt turn over, what is wrong with it before the swap goes in? simple wiring problem or is it something worse like a fried ecu?... so i waited.

and part of it is, my z-mentor doesnt know much about the l28et's, all the racing he did with z's was in the late 70's, before the turbo car even came out.

all hail the internet?

this site was pretty helpful for me for the basics, and in getting a general idea of what could be used from stock and what would need to be upgraded and replaced.

http://www.xenons130.com/l28et.html

ok, well thats sorta problem you might face with any engine...So far in this thread everyone seems to think doing a l28et is the cheapest route..which is the reason i ask that question.. i honestly didn't know...I think I'm still going to go with a 1jz..300whp for about $3000 installed is a pretty good bang for the buck.. and that will be reliable power..my goal is 400whp though but starting off with 300whp will hold me until i save enough to buy a good single turbo upgrade( 60-1 or gt35r)

Goog luck, post any new news!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic