HybridZ

My New Carpet Kit

RB26powered74zcar

I just received my carpet kit I ordered from Ben's Auto http://stores.ebay.com/Bens-Auto-Parts_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

----------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

----------------------------------------------------------------

Amount: $229.90 USD Shipped

Subject: DATSUN 260Z

Note:This is for the 74 Datsun 260Z complete in 557 gunmetal with padding upgrade.

You can email Ben> ben@newark-auto.com and discuss what your needs are. He answers you right back every time, and will send you what ever samples you ask for. I'm very pleased!!

Here is the Photobucket album with more pics>> http://photobucket.com/My_New_RBZ_Gray_Carpet_Kit

dcp_0020.jpg

Be sure to let us know about how well the pieces fit when you get it installed.

Dennis

1971 240Z Original Owner

X2! Me too! I'm almost done with the mechanical phase and I'm heading into cosmetic restoration.

After DynaMatting- or whatever skin I put down first, next comes carpet, and none too soon. My ears are constantly being assaulted by the admittedly wonderful noises, but I need to deal with being inside a stripped bare metal shell with an engine inches in front of me spinning away at 6,00 RPM.

After months of research I'm still not sold on any one vendor, but this looks great so far. Please- how's it going?

I had just pulled it all from the box in that picture. I let it stand out there in the hot sun for the rest of the day to take out the fold marks, then I vacuumed it and it turned out beautiful.

I will pull my seats and console this weekend and install the full kit. I choose the gunmetal color because I'm tired of every little particle and my pets hair showing up on the black carpet. I think the gray goes good with the black interior, and it even blends with the red paint also...

I will post up the finished pictures soon as I can...

I had a look at his ebay store, then asked a Q on the ZX carpet auction... they can do ZX 2+2, and at a price, that includign shippign to NZ, is pretty attractive :D Rather than cut and sew my own by hand with a sailmakers needle I might just use him.

Whats the backing like? will it do as sound deadening without needing jute or felt on the floors? How solid is the hemming, is the stiching solid?

sorry for all the Q's :D thanks in advance for your replies :D

• 4 weeks later...
Not much of a update, but I got the tunnel and rear ledge installed today.

More to come.... :burnout:

dcp0050tn2.th.jpg

I forgot to update, so heres a few more. I had to send the pieces that fit under the seat back to be re cut (I sent a pattern I made) and they re made them to my pattern and returned them asap. I did not use the door sill pieces due to me having a new oem pair of the vinyl pieces.

Anyone with a 240/ early 260 should be able to get the correct pieces, now that they have my correct patterns to go off of. This is not a top shelf quality kit, but for the money, you can't beat it. I'm real pleased with what I got for the money, and it looks good to.

dcp_0065_thumb.jpg

dcp_0063_thumb.jpg

I don't let any thing other than myself or another human in my car....that stops the dog hair from my three dogs from getting in there. you need to come over to houston some time...I really want to see your car......I am jealous of your RB26 setup......

• 2 months later...