HybridZ

MPG while daily driving a RB26/RB25 swap?

PanzerAce

I know that noone does this swap for the gas savings, but what mileage are you guys getting with your RB swaps?

Depends. I have a standard r32 gtr that gets 14L/100kms or i have an RB30det 240z with a lot of goodies on it that gets nowhere near that.

I got right at 30mpg driving the 1,200 miles to this years DNI event and back.

I have not really tried to determine the day to day driving mileage, but if I had to guess, I'd say 18 to 22 mpg....

This is interesting. What size injectors are you running and how much timing are you running? Are you running stoich at cruise 14.7:1 or are you running even leaner like 17:1? Oh, and what rear end ratio? 4:11? Someone before said they were getting like 35mpg all stock, but that was running 3.36 gears. I think this would give me a better idea relative to mine. Thanks.

I can't imagine how sluggish an RB26/25 would feel with 3.26 gears. 4.111's are stock in R32's, and that feels just about right. Maybe just slightly too short on the highway, but that's about it.

FWIW, my R32 GTR with basic mods (full exhaust, apex'i intake pods, tuned ECU, boost restrictor pulled) will get 15-17 MPG in the city and maybe 23-24 on the highway if I stay around 110 and don't get into boost at all. Amazing what a couple hundred pounds does for a cars fuel efficiency.

This is interesting. What size injectors are you running and how much timing are you running? Are you running stoich at cruise 14.7:1 or are you running even leaner like 17:1? Oh, and what rear end ratio? 4:11? Someone before said they were getting like 35mpg all stock, but that was running 3.36 gears. I think this would give me a better idea relative to mine. Thanks.

My inj's are 72lb and the timing I believe is around 38 deg at cruise (I'd have to check on that).

The afr's were at around 14:9 to 15:2 under vacuum at cruise. The rear end is the 88ss 3:7 VLSD with the rb25det trans.

Isn't that still a pretty tall final drive ratio with the RB25DET tranny?

We ended up putting 4.38's in my friends RB25DET powered 240Z and I was planning to put my Quaife into an R200 with at least 3.90's and possibly 4.10's.

I think your talking about me...But I have 3.63's. On the highway the best I got was 35mpg and around town probably anywhere around 22-26 depending on how I drive :) I would like to go up to 3.90's though. I ran a 13.6@105mph at the track with 3.63's. I would like to see what it would be with the gearing change. Oh and by the way on the highway at 70mph Im at about 2700rpm. On the dyno in 4th gear I got up to 147mph.

I think your talking about me...But I have 3.63's. On the highway the best I got was 35mpg and around town probably anywhere around 22-26 depending on how I drive :) I would like to go up to 3.90's though. I ran a 13.6@105mph at the track with 3.63's. I would like to see what it would be with the gearing change. Oh and by the way on the highway at 70mph Im at about 2700rpm. On the dyno in 4th gear I got up to 147mph.

What rear end are you using that is a 3.63 ratio??

Guys i get 22mpg here on 97 octain gas in Malaysia. this is mostly bumper to bumper town driving and occasional highway boosting. i'm running on a TO4S turbine @ 1 bar or boost, 4.11 final drive on my R200 MLSD, stock rb25det 5 speed gearbox, SR20 injectors 450cc, with 375WHP. i have clocked close to 30mpg on highway cruzin b4 with the same set up.

• 1 month later...