HybridZ

Legal matter regarding my Z

Jesse OBrien

How should I handle this? (I have to pay all fines on Monday either way)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How should I handle this? (I have to pay all fines on Monday either way)

• Go to WAR! (call a lawyer and organize my case against both the PD and the towing company)
    • Open a dispute with the City (hoping the PD would pay all fines)
    • Dispute the charges with the towing company
    • Contact the Solano County Jury to have the towing policy redefined
    • Pay the fines and move out of this crappy town

I spoke with the Chief's assistant, and consider this matter completely resolved.

I get my car back on Monday (they can't release anything over the weekend) and am legally bound to not disclose any aspect of the settlement reached.

But I will say this: I came out on top.

Good stuff. Regardless what happened it sound to me like you embarrassed someone enough to want to keep it quiet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've got the money, fight it, otherwise move on. Do you have access to a garage for storage?

It's sitting inside my new garage, safely locked and alarmed. Getting my new engine on Friday since my work schedule didn't fit around the engine delivery time as nicely as it could.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Let me reiterate that this matter is completely closed. If I hadn't been compensated, I would be taking this to court. It's important that you research what your rights are if you feel like you've been taken advantage of or wronged, and make sure you weren't actually the one at fault. If another party was in fact at fault, hope that they have the sense to make things right. Otherwise, fight them with everything you have. I don't believe in just wasting energy left and right because you aren't willing to fight for what's yours. I'd rather fight and lose than to give up and know i was right.

Your ending actually put a grin on my face :)

Congratz!

All part of why we're all here. If it were just facts and no entertainment, we'd all end up watching Fox News just to make up for it all.

(explanation: Fox News has fewer real-world facts than the Daily Show)

Why you gotta?!!

I WILL RESIST COMMENT!!!! Ugh.

I was really impressed with your fortitude to resolve this problem.

Now to throw out a bleaten political statement out just crushes the rules badly.

Your experience has given the search engine more information that it did not have before. ( this is a rare thing)

Retract or restate your last comments please. This is asked with great overall concern.

This post will be reflective of the changed as well.

Why you gotta?!!

I WILL RESIST COMMENT!!!! Ugh.

I was really impressed with your fortitude to resolve this problem.

Now to throw out a bleaten political statement out just crushes the rules badly.

Your experience has given the search engine more information that it did not have before. ( this is a rare thing)

Retract or restate your last comments please. This is asked with great overall concern.

This post will be reflective of the changed as well.

Hahaa, please understand that having my car back in my garage has granted me a sense of humor again, and I'm going to take advantage of it (at anybody's expense). So, while I do chuckle when I hear far-reaching phrases on Fox News that don't accurately deliver the news but definitely make the news more interesting, that statement was meant as a joke.

As far as fortitude goes, everything should be approached with two basic rules:

1. Do not attempt anything you can not or will not follow through with for as long (or as hard) as it takes.
  2. Follow through as far as you are able on everything you attempt.

If that's all it takes to impress people, then there should be a lot more finished projects out there!

Good to hear your car is safely back in your garage, and that your wallet isnt crying.

I hope your settlement goes well, tow truck drivers can be pretty ridiculous. Glad you turned it around on them. From what I read in here, they were definitely in the wrong.

Yea, check the rules. Odds are they're requred to give notice of intent to tow it. It might not of even been the HOA directly, but someone with a contract to patrol and then tow. If you find the legal documents on the matter and go before the HOA showing you were supposed to get a notice of some kind giving you 24 hours of warning, then odds are they'll be on your side of the matter.