HybridZ

L28et Swap Wiring Answer!!!!

zdrift

i kno alot of ppl have a problem with understanding the swap from a s-130 to a s-30 and its very easy, but when you gat down and do it the wiring is a pain in the ass litteraly and ppl cant help and explain it so i will explain it so every one knos, ok so the main thing to kno when wiring in the harness is there are two seperate ones. One is the FI harness and the other is the igniton harness well all you have to do is connect the green and brown wires off of the FI harness to power ok, then hook up the EFI relay to 12v switched power right and this is the b/w wire and you connect that to the blue/red wire in the little plug bu the brown and green wire there is five wires in that one plug but only use the b/w and blue/red, now for the ignitor and ignition harness only use the b/w wire again and the yellow wire, and DONT cut the yellow/white wire that goes to your ignitor, so the yellow wire goes to the starter signal wire, and the b/w goes to the blue/red wire and thats it, an easy way is br and g go to 12v, b/w from ignitor and from EFI relay go to blue/red wire and then hook up your own fuel pump relay, and it will work ill post pics later

You get out of something what you put into it.

If you want people to actually get something out of this write up, try putting a little more effort into it. Making it more organized, with schematics, pictures, and of course words from the dictionary would be extremely helpful.

Sorry to get on your case, but given the time it will take for me to interpret your writing, I could dig in an figure out the actual wiring. It would be easier to look at the factory wiring diagram that understand your description.

Pete

1) Draw your schematic

2) Save it as a picture file (JPEG, PNG, etc..)

3) Upload it to a picture hosting website like phtobucket

4) Grab the URL link of the pic once its uploaded

5) Post it using tags with the URL inbetween them

6) And now your set

i kno alot of ppl have a problem with understanding the swap from a s-130 to a s-30 and its very easy, but when you gat down and do it the wiring is a pain in the ass litteraly and ppl cant help and explain it so i will explain it so every one knos,

ok so the main thing to kno when wiring in the harness is there are two seperate ones. One is the FI harness and the other is the igniton harness

well all you have to do is connect the green and brown wires off of the FI harness to power ok, then hook up the EFI relay to 12v switched power right and this is the b/w wire and you connect that to the blue/red wire in the little plug bu the brown and green wire there is five wires in that one plug but only use the b/w and blue/red,

now for the ignitor and ignition harness only use the b/w wire again and the yellow wire, and DONT cut the yellow/white wire that goes to your ignitor, so the yellow wire goes to the starter signal wire, and the b/w goes to the blue/red wire

and thats it, an easy way is br and g go to 12v, b/w from ignitor and from EFI relay go to blue/red wire and then hook up your own fuel pump relay, and it will work ill post pics later

without editing any grammar or spelling, no added punctuation.. just hitting enter a few times.

I am just showing you how much easier it is to read your words with a few pauses in between, compared to your original post. When someone did this to me the first time I felt like a complete doofus for not having noticed how much easier the second version is to read.

You have an excellent point; the wiring conversion is NOT incredibly complex. This is a GREAT subject to write a concise post about, and you've done a good job starting it.. but re read it when you get pictures to post, and tweak it a bit to make it easier to read. I couldn't even find the end of a sentence to use to hit "enter" on, so I just stuck em in there somewhere that seemed reasonable.

I hope you are getting the point that I'm trying to help you be more helpful to the rest of us; nobody likes a Grammar Nazi but nobody likes to read sentences that just go one forever because really they do tend to get annoying and keep you from using such an excellent resource as hybridZ, which is an awesome community founded and maintained by volunteers to help us figure out how simple our cars really are, because Nissan did a great job making a simple car.

See what I mean?:icon6:

Yeah I definitely appreciate the explanation since I was quite confused with all the current write-ups, but some editing and whatnot would really help. I'd like to know enough about the wiring by the time I actually go to do it that I'm not terrified to do it, lol. And I'm especially confused with how in the hell I'm gonna do it while running MSII, MAP sensor, 240sx TPS, distributorless ignition, and a knock sensor (and probably some other crap I'm forgetting.

Oh, and if the painless wiring harness will have anything to do with that. Oh how I hate wiring...

1. Connect the green and brown wires off of the FI harness to power

2. Hook up the EFI relay to 12v switched power,

(this is the b/w wire and you connect that to the blue/red wire in the little plug by the brown and green wire)

There are five wires in that one plug, only use the b/w and blue/red,

3. For the ignitor and ignition harness only use the b/w wire again and the yellow wire.

(DONT cut the yellow/white wire that goes to your ignitor.)

The yellow wire goes to the starter signal wire, and the b/w goes to the blue/red wire

and thats it, an easy way is br and g go to 12v, b/w from ignitor and from EFI relay go to blue/red wire and then hook up your own fuel pump relay, and it will work ill post pics later <---- I GET LOST IN THIS SECTION....

• 1 month later...

Since I am running headfirst into this wiring issue at the moment I took some pics. I'm using Bumble Zee's thread and some of it matches what zdrift has posted assuming I can read it correctly. But if zdrift is correct his way seems simpler. If only it was understandable. Maybe a hybrid of my pics and comments with zdrift's and Bumble Zee's post will make more sence.

zwires.jpg

Starting at the coil ignitor. Here's the yellow/white wire that runs uncut to the ignition harness to FI harness connector. The black/white wire I ran with it through the dashboard. The wire with bullet connector under my thumb isn't doing anything yet but it's for the tach signal.

zwires1.jpg

Here is the ignition harness to FI harness connector. You can see the yellow/white wire going forward to the ignitor. Only 3 of the wires here are used. The yellow/white goes to the coil ignitor obviously. The yellow/green is going to ground and the solid yellow is going to switched power. I tied the black/white wire (mentioned in previous picture) from the coil ignitor and the solid yellow together and before hooking them to switched power.

zwires2.jpg

Here are the brown and green wires. Both of these are hooked to the +batt post as of now. Bumble Zee mentions hooking them to the +post on the starter solenoid. I felt my way was fine for the troubleshooting. I should mention they are supposed to be run through fusible links. Currently they are not.

zwires3.jpg

This is the fuel relay connector with the fuel relay plugged into it. Should I mount it for ground?

zwires4.jpg

This is the confusing part. This is the 5 wire connector below the fuel relay connector. The 2 wires both Bumble Zee and zdrift mention are the black/white and blue/red wires. Bumble Zee goes one step further and says the green wire requires constant 12v power. As of now I have the green connected the the +batt post and the black/white and blue/red wires connected to switched power together. My fuel pump isn't priming when I switch to "On" so I assume I'm hooked up wrong. The pump primed fine before the swap.

I'm going to quote both bumble zee and zdrift about these wires. Maybe you guys can help clarify what either one is talking about.

Zdrift says...

Hook up the EFI relay to 12v switched power,

(this is the b/w wire and you connect that to the blue/red wire in the little plug by the brown and green wire)

There are five wires in that one plug, only use the b/w and blue/red,

Zdrift says...

b/w from ignitor and from EFI relay go to blue/red wire and then hook up your own fuel pump relay

Bumble Zee says...

-Green - Constant power (Needs to be run to a 12+ volt constant)

-Black with white strip - Switched power (Needs to be run to a 12+ volt switched power) The end from the relay side needs to goto the switched power. Not the harness side.

-Blue with red stripe - is switched power for your fuel pump relay (has 12+ volts when key is on, will have power for 5 seconds if car is not running to prime the fuel system, and will have a constant 12+ volts when car is running.)

Bumble Zee's discription the black/white wire getting power from the relay side not the harness side makes no sence to me. The wires terminate at the relay. I'm sure 99% of people reading that get it but I unfortunately don't.

Also Bumble Zee talks about the blue/red wire being switched power for the pump. Does that mean it's a special source of switched power? Or does any switched power work and he's just mentioning what the wire is for? Again... whoosh... right over my head.

I'll take pics to include my sources of switched power and how I routed my wires once this is sorted out and I have a running car. I should mention my car is a 75 280z and my L28ET, harness, and ECU are from an 81 280ZX.