Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

As of Yesterday my car is TUNED..untill 2500rpms. for some reason it acts like it is hitting a rev limiter at 2500 rpms.... now I have talk to MANY professionals and everyone is scratching their heads.

Things i have Checked to see what could be cause it.

2step rev limit in AEM---OFF

Main rev limit in aem---8000rpms

sync status ---0 even if ignoring sync it still does it.

timing---set

fuel---set

can anyone add to the list of things i could check????? remember this is a series 2 EMS

it runs GREAT!!!!! revs great..doesnt over heat or anything!!!

but when i hit 2500rpms it back fires and pops like crazy.

i meant In neutral i haven't driven the car yet.

Check your coil packs, crank and cam angle sensors. Also a bad tps can cause issues like this.... One more thing what are your spark plugs gapped to? most 1j and 2j guys gap the plugs at .26-.28 only use NGK also.

Make sure the car has all the proper ground.. for example from the engine block to the chassy.

Ps if your car has been running like this for awhile, i would go with a fresh set of plugs, cause NGKs foul out like crazy..

Edited by Gritz
adding more

lol ya streetfire does that now!! its lame...you can fast forward through them tho.... I have talked to AEm multiple times and they are kinda scratching their heads and want me to try someone elses ems at this point in time....but its kidna hard to find someone willing to unplug their box.

Can you send it to AEM and have them set everything to zero??? tell them what it is doing and have them look thru everything. other then that not sure what to tell you. But it for sure sounds like a rev limiter. your boost gauge was acting kinda funny to. looks like it started to build boost then lost it. if the pedal wasn't lifted that might be an issue to. you shouldn't be bouncing around like that.

It sounds like you have the firing order wrong. 1,5,3,6,4,2 will idle fine and do EXACTLY what yours does in the video.

You state that it runs fine until 2500 but if you have it floored until it gets to 2500 I think that sounds like CRAP. Also watching your boost gauge, supports my theory. WOT at that kind of acceleration rate wont build boost unless you have unburnt fuel getting into the exhaust and igniting there. Thats why the longer you stay on the throttle the more it appears to build boost.

Hope this helps, please keep us posted. Obviously its supposed to be 1,5,3,6,2,4

Also are you going WOT when it accelerates? Or are you easing into it? Please let us know.

It sounds like you have the firing order wrong. 1,5,3,6,4,2 will idle fine and do EXACTLY what yours does in the video.

You state that it runs fine until 2500 but if you have it floored until it gets to 2500 I think that sounds like CRAP. Also watching your boost gauge, supports my theory. WOT at that kind of acceleration rate wont build boost unless you have unburnt fuel getting into the exhaust and igniting there. Thats why the longer you stay on the throttle the more it appears to build boost.

Hope this helps, please keep us posted. Obviously its supposed to be 1,5,3,6,2,4

Also are you going WOT when it accelerates? Or are you easing into it? Please let us know.

I think that's a great guess. That idea was on the tip of my brain but couldn't get it out.