HybridZ

the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

awesome build and good read.....any updates, or more vids??

ill be starting my 2JZ swap in about 2 months.....im going to start with NA and get her driving.....

ya thats a good way to start...it was hard going all out all at once like i did...I actually think I cracked a ring on my number 6 piston. IM pulling the motor this weekend to check out whats going on... but im blowing blue smoke out the tail pipe...and my number 6 plus was all fowled.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that would totally suck if you crack the ringlands. i thought about going all out also but now i got a n/a planning to run it first and take care of all the wiring issues and drive around in the ge until i can save up for parts, turbo etc. sucks to have it park so long. and with it all build up, and not run right, so many issues to look at due to so many parts being deleted or switched. na-t will be more than enough for me. keep us posted.

i would totaly do it that way...i wouldnt recommend to anyone to do it the way i did it... I am extremely experienced and ran into problems that I had no idea how to fix..luckily between me and my friends who are all professionals were able to work through the problems. (some problems that were created shops)

i would totaly do it that way...i wouldnt recommend to anyone to do it the way i did it... I am extremely experienced and ran into problems that I had no idea how to fix..luckily between me and my friends who are all professionals were able to work through the problems. (some problems that were created shops)

well i almost have the 2J out of the lexus, and im learning a LOT as i go...pass side is ready, all unplugged, labeled, and exhaust undone....driver side is slowing me down. am i correct in thinking the harness runs through the intake mani?? ive split it and can now see almost all of what im looking to free up.....

Next up i have to get under it and undo anything that is in the way....along with draining fluids.... on the SC300 do most pull motor/trans together??

many thanks

jon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i almost have the 2J out of the lexus, and im learning a LOT as i go...pass side is ready, all unplugged, labeled, and exhaust undone....driver side is slowing me down. am i correct in thinking the harness runs through the intake mani?? ive split it and can now see almost all of what im looking to free up.....

Next up i have to get under it and undo anything that is in the way....along with draining fluids.... on the SC300 do most pull motor/trans together??

many thanks

jon

I wouldn't know about an sc300... I know on my car i have to pull the motor with trans...it makes it MUCh easier.

So how is that Transmission holding up??? I finally got some work and have some extra cash to start on my project again!! I need a Trans, cam's, and turbo....

Its holding up GREAT..done some drag passes...beat on it a bunch...i figure im running around 5-600hp through it right now!!!

Well Guys its been a while and the car has been running great..A few weeks ago i noticed i was blowing some smoke...and well i found what the problems was..i was MELTING pistons...yeah thats right....apparently you cant do 20psi on pump 91

many thanks

jon

Yes the harness runs in between the top plenum and manifold. I'm doing the same one out of an 93 sc300. Harness all done, deleted 50% of extra wires i didn't need. Before you do any deleting, plan ahead and think carefully before you pull/delete you wire. the Lexus wire harness is wrap so good from the factory that it seriously took 2 hours or so to unloom it. Yes, pull motor and trans together.

That Really sucks sorry to hear that. Are you still running the stock bottom end? I am glad that the Trans is holding up I should be starting on the project again this winter hopefully.....

Ya it was the stock bottom end...new CP pistons just showed up at my door step tho :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks really good! Keep up the good work. Dont know about that Air filter. In front of the radiator? pointing downwards? in the fender? hoodscoop with a box right into air filter would be sick too.

i know i know i know....Its a bad spot yes but there is no room anywhere else and i dont want to cut any holes in the car lol.

• 1 month later...