the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

juut noticed your exhaust cam gear is the defect style of HKS that has tooth wear and timing belt eating issues. Incase you did know, looks great

No i did not know that!? i have a buddy runing two of those and i just had to change his belt...but im running the HKS Kevlar belt...it took 40,000 miles to tear up his oem belt.

when do you think you will be up and running ? would be dope to cruise with ya, but i think your pretty far up north or something.

I have about 300miles on this completely rebuilt motor...so im ready to go buddy!!!! I just drove it up to formula drift this past weekend... good times...Fredric (supra drifter) loved the car LOL

Hey guys I thought I would show you some pics of the motor after the second rebuild with CP Pistons and eagle Rods...I got a sponsor From Classic Powder coating (www.classicrefinishing.com) What do you think??? Its a Bronze Orange with a HUGE flake in it.

They couldnt powder coat the intercooler brackets for ya???:blink:

J/K looks great

A couple places you can go with it. What I did with mine was build a hard pipe that routed it under the drivers side (passenger side in your case) frame rail, and came up in front of the front wheel. I fully shrouded it to keep splashing from being a concern. The air intake ends up being in the brake inlet area of the air dam.

And without the filter on during a dyno run is pointless, and you'll still be sucking hot air from the engine bay... I would presume you'll use a fan or two as well which means you'll be ingesting the wash from the radiator.

I'm not hating, I like the work you've done. In an all out build though, I'm surprised you're leaving "easy" horsepower on the table.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh Ya just so everyone know the car weighed 2610lbs with the L28 in it. Now it weighs 2698 with the 2jz in it. The extra weight is not completely over the front wheels tho, but is now a little front end heavy. By relocation the battery to the back It should take care of that.

Can you expound on the weights? I'd like to know what exactly was on the car at both weigh-ins (e.g bumpers, interiors, wiring).

Shot some videos on the freeway today!!!!! LOL

And this one you can hear my Godzilla BOV

Its just me and a buddy heading to the tune shop to drop off my car...his car is a 300zxt with bigger turbo/piggyback ect ect

Do you have any dyno sheets or did I miss this somewhere in here. I would like to see the power curve on this bad boy. When does it start to spool? thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The INT is still needed work its all gutted.

So I got the car dyno tuned for my street map finally with the new pistons/rods. on a mustang dyno i did 463 at the tire. so are 535 crank hp on 91 pump!!!!! and only 16psi. after I drive it around a bit im going to set up a fuel station in a buddies shop full of e85 so i can start building a map and going for that 1000hp mark!!! which I should be able to do soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...