HybridZ

Fairlady Z

What should I do?!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should I do?!

• Buy the Fairlady and dive head first into serious project car!
    • Find another shell!
    • What the hell is a Fairlady?

Barn find FTW! Local has a 73, body is seriously rusty but surprisingly felt pretty solid. Floor pans felt okay as well, but there are random spots all over the body where the paint is literally exploding off the car due to rust. The motor ran very well when it was parked, haven't tried to fire it up recently. (I know the man's sons, and he is a close friend of my boss. He's a stand up guy and I absolutely take his word at face value, so I'm assuming the motor is just fine.) Interior is pretty far gone, seats surprisingly looked good, as did the factory floor mats! Woot woot! Anyway, he's asking for $250, and he'll deliver it. I've always gone after rare and challenging things, and after the mechanical terror that was my Supra when I bought it, I believe I'm ready to attack body work. The car does have significant rust, but I'm fairly undetered. What do you guys think?

I gotta go with Stealth-Z on this one.

I have excoriated friends for 'hesitating' at some vehicles priced at $500 or below.

ANY S30 is worth that much in parts alone for the most part.

If it's a FairladyZ, let me know, I'll come pick it up for that much!

It's a real Fairlady Z. 73, RHD, still has a JDM plate on the front. The guy also had a 300hp rally 240Z and a beautiful, sub 100k one owner 72 240Z, a 30k mile 200SX, every Fairlady from 61-Z, and a couple Triumphs and a beautiful E30 and an old English Ford in an ENOURMOUS garage he just built for them. Back in the woods he had the Z, some more English Fords, a Studebaker truck, an L24 complete with 3" diameter hole with rod sticking through the block (he said they got it running like that, then noticed the oil everywhere, and yanked the block out. This was in the rally car, not the Fairlady) and of course the Fairlady. It's some sweet tealish bright green color, I'd actually like to repaint the car that color when/if I get it done. Tony, you have a PM coming.