HybridZ

metal head gasket???

Im looking for a metal head gasket and I can find one, I was wondering if someone here knows where to get them I have call so far:

cometic

HKS

greddy

nismo

etc...

the only place that has it is kameari and I have to wait a month to see it, because they ship it from japan, any sugestion will be apreciate...

Kameari make the 1mm gasket and they charge an arm and a leg for it. The popular 2mm MLS gasket was produced by Nissan, but is currently in a back order status with no date of availability to be seen. I tried emailing cometic about making a new gasket, but never received a response back. Good luck, I got lucky and found an old one. Might want to try the Parts Wanted forum and see if anyone has an old one available. They are reusable.

Just what metal is used for head gaskets? I know of one guy who had a gasket waterjet cut out of pure copper sheeting by a sheetmetal firm. No idea if it worked or not tho. that was for a rally car, ford sierra 2L engine.

kiwi, the copper ones are among some of the best because they can go down to about 0.020 in thickness, which is something a MLS gasket cannot do. they only go down to about 0.050, sometimes 0.042 inches.

annealed copper gaskets are popular and are custom in most cases.

i saw motorsport auto selling them on the web site also.. they are more pricey than they used to be..

i know the felpro gasket is supposed to support a lot of power.. are there any other advantages to the metal other than not blowing at high compression?

MSA lists them on the site, but the 2mm is on back order. Buy one and wait for the phone call, I did. The 1mm is insane in price as is the rest of Kameari's parts.

Clifton,

there have been some copper substrate headgasket advancements with embedded ring seats that taper narrower just as they reach the ring that compresses down and outward to fill the gasket gap in which they taper creates. it's said to be just as good as an o-ring setup.

when it's not used:

--------------------------------__ ||||

___copper gasket_______---|||| <----compression ring

gap ----------------------------^

when it's used and compressed:

--------------------------------===|

___copper gasket_______===| <----compressed ring (expands)

filled gap -----------------------^

• 2 weeks later...