HybridZ

MSA Twice Pipes

datsun723

Hey guys. Jus got the twice pipes installed yesterday. let me tell you...horrible horrible fit. the head pipe and the y-pipe were great but everything from that back didn't line up and was at an angle. of course this is AFTER the guy removed my stock system so he was either going to charge me 150 to put my stock exhaust BACK on or another 100 to modify the kit and make it work. he basically made his own bends from his straight pipes and connected them to the glasspacks. took him around 3 hours :mad:

BUT after that, i got to fire it up for the first time. OH MY GOSH!!! what a sound!! even the mechanic was greatly surprised haha. it does resonate from 2-3k but nothing that really bothers me. and once you get up to 4k and above it's jus pure heaven :trippen:

so in my mind...if i can get the extra 100 back from msa it's a good deal...if not...i'm greatly disappointed that they won't stand behind their product. so be warned...you may have troubles with this system. i even called ahead and asked if there was any problems i should be aware of but of course they said no. anywho, i'll post a video when i get a hold of a camra :D

I must have watched you video's 20 times demonz :-D

i would say that mine sound deeper than yours but then again, i'm sure it's just the microphone. i'm kinda anxious to hear what mine sounds like on camera too. after having this installed, i wouldn't want any other exhaust setup...i'm THAT pleased with the sound.

lol, as long as you realize i didn't mean the GTFO for real. it's just thread-speak for HURRY HURRY :D

haha yea. at first i was like "man! people are vicious for new clips here!!"

i think...i'm going to have to steal my friends camera this week cuz the phone clips jus aint cutting it.

you also have a 2.8 liter fuel injected engine, compared to his 2.4 liter carb'ed, don't forget that.

i also thought about that too. it's kinda cool how many different carb/engine configurations there are with Z's. never going to have the same sounding car ^_^

I had the same problem when I had the twice pipes installed on my 280z... years and years ago when I had no idea what I was doing.

Twice pipe exhaust is designed for a 240z.. not a 280z. It will require work and fitting for a 280z

yeaaa...it sucked. and msa will TELL YOU that it fits. i'm trying to get the difference back from them on what i had to spend to get it to fit so hopefully that goes well. but..aside from the fit, the sound sends chills down my back. it truly sounds like no other car on the road.

haha i can't tell you how awesome it was to blow by a sti the other day. it had a catback and as i'm sure we all know, those subies are quite loud with their flat 4 but man did i get HIS attention ^.^

yeaaa...it sucked. and msa will TELL YOU that it fits. i'm trying to get the difference back from them on what i had to spend to get it to fit so hopefully that goes well. but..aside from the fit, the sound sends chills down my back. it truly sounds like no other car on the road.

haha i can't tell you how awesome it was to blow by a sti the other day. it had a catback and as i'm sure we all know, those subies are quite loud with their flat 4 but man did i get HIS attention ^.^

the best is when you cruise past them from behind unawares while engine braking... :D

haha nice. thats next on my list now :-D

whats great is that my Z is completely stock otherwise. so, it jus looks like a '78 Z, hubcaps and all. while waiting at stop lights i'll kinda rev it a little right before the light turns and i've had people doing double takes :lmao: