HybridZ

Rebirth of a Road Racer

Rather than eat up precious HybridZ bandwidth, I have begun documenting the rebuilding of a 73 240 track car at my own hosting site. Updated almost daily as progress (and pictures) unfold. Mark it and check it often. I'm trying to make it "light" reading while I endure the nonstop financial, emotional, (and often) physical pain. Comments / suggestions welcomed!

Enjoy!

http://www.hangoverture.com/73240.htm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Luigi

Eric put the bar (not cage) in my car. I drove it when it had a stroker (I think) and a brace of webbers (mukunis?). Take a look under, if it has full length frame connectors, he finally got around to doing it. He saw the set I did and said "I gotta do that"

Good to see that car around. Good to see it saved.

Luigi

No - Eric never got around to the rails. I "need" to do that. Do you have any pics of what you've done? Maybe some measurements or tips on what you did? John Williams suggested I do the same as you did, so I'd love to see your setup and know how you did it. Course, I told John - Eric drove the pizz out of that car with outrageous amounts of power and extreme braking capability, and never broke it. What harm could "I" possibly do to it? He agreed. BUT - I'd still like to take it to the next level as you did. OR - if you have a set you could fab up - I'd pay ya for them.

Many thanks!

I'm with you, I'd rather do it right and do it myself than trust what any number of previous owners have done. Good work so far. Keep it up as long as you've still got some money left.

HA!! this car is putting me SERIOUSLY into debt! Although I do believe I have almost everything I need scattered about my spare bedroom to get her going. BUT - then again - there's "always" something....

Rather than eat up precious HybridZ bandwidth, I have begun documenting the rebuilding of a 73 240 track car at my own hosting site. Updated almost daily as progress (and pictures) unfold. Mark it and check it often. I'm trying to make it "light" reading while I endure the nonstop financial, emotional, (and often) physical pain. Comments / suggestions welcomed!

Enjoy!

http://www.hangoverture.com/73240.htm

Nice job so far. Any idea what brand your wheels are?

I have been told by John Williams that they are custom Chip Foose wheels. Ron Zappendorf has the exact same wheels on his car. Don't know if he trolls these forums, but he'd probably know. My car is basically the sister car to his Discovery Parts car - very similar setup - except his runs!

I know John Williams likes SU setups, think he'd do an SU to turbo conversion for me? I'm looking to get to between 250-300hp.

John dislikes turbos. He's completely old-school. He can make a set of carbs run like the dickens, but he doesn't touch turbo stuff pretty much at all. I am going to be working with him to get my Mikuni 44's dialed in for this car, but when I asked him about the turbo motor I intend to put in later down the road, he said he wanted no part of it! His daily driver 240 with SU's puts down 190rwhp, so perhaps he could get you to your figure in NA mode. PM me if you need his contact info.

• 2 months later...

Bump! Loads of progress. Been laying low on updates until I had something worth putting online. 3 or 4 new pages added (depending on when you last checked). Motor is in now, time for wiring. Broke the whole writeup out into sections for easier digestion and less acid reflux...

And BTW - all those asking about the wheels, I cleaned them up on the inside and they are Boyd's wheels. 17x9 front and 17x11 rear. Enjoy...I'm back in the poorhouse again......