HybridZ

FI SU back to the future

caen fred

Sorry, I couldn't make it to Le Mans :unsure: I tried very hard but this system need a 60A alternator, as I discovered too late, I should have figured it before, but hey that's the fun of it, no?

So here it is, fuel injected SU

dscn0001oy8.jpg

I mounted 1 GM injectors in both SU. I have a GM ECU that's monitoring sensors for MAP, TPS, Water, LAMBADABADA, and Coil. The thing is 100% stealth for the novice I think. My idea is to have the standard looking car but with the driveability of a modern car, good gas mileage or crazy Mapping for the track...

Lot of tuning to do but it is running very strong until the battery drains out!!!!

fresh air dscn0002uw5.jpg

the only thing that give a clue I will hide it later dscn0003uv7.jpg

TPS and SU still keeping the SU's dome ;)dscn0004dc6.jpg

MAP sensor dscn0006tg5.jpg

Pièce de résistance the GM injector under the SU's dome dscn0008gh8.jpg

et voilà

Beautiful!!! Its about time some photos of this idea carried to fruition showed up!

Thats TWO firsts this week; someone else threw mikuni single barrel carbs from a motorcycle onto a 240 via half of an EFI manifold, and now we finally have pics of the SU/TBI concept!

Stellar! What size injectors did you wind up using?

Indeed, these look like something I could use. Not obstructing the throttle plate, AND what's more, I can actually see how the adapters work/fit. Time for me to get crackin' on those...

EDIT: I spent a little time out in the shop this afternoon laying out the bolt patterns and such for the 4-screw roundtops I've got. From what i can measure not having injectors or mounting plates, if you rotate the injector 180 degrees and move the fuel barb 90 degrees clockwise from what Caen Fred has shown us, the injector wiring could be hidden inside the orange "plenum" and the fuel hoses will look even closer to stock.