HybridZ

Kaminari 280Z Full body kit

zlalomz

I wanted to post some pics of a Kaminari kit that is no longer made. I found the car on craigslist and went to look out of curiosity since I had never seen one in person. I don't think I have seen one on any of the Z sites but have a couple of pictures from some older Z books. Do any members here have one?

IM001344.jpg

IM001348.jpg

IM001354.jpg

IM001346.jpg

IM001349.jpg

After searching the archives another member said the molds were destroyed in a fire, arson maybe? :) The second iteration of this kit for the 280ZX's worked much better with the creased bodylines already present.

I always wondered what happened to the marionettes from Stingray and Fireball XL5. Thanks Challenger.

If the kit is installed with detail it could look much better.

This is picture of the Jim Wolf Car from 1995 Z-Car magazine ad.

Kaminari_Z_Jim_Wolf.jpg

Zlalomz,

I think I still have the Z-car magazine ad with the picture of that white car in your avatar on a track ?? I have been tinkering with these Z cars to long !!!

My brother made that ad for ZCar and Scott Performance. He tweaked it in photoshop a bit widening the tires and removing some stone chips. It was taken at Sears Point Raceway.

Here is another shot of the Jim Wolf car

kaminari.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of this:

ugly3.jpg

ugly2.jpg

ugly1.jpgwarp-8-kitcar-3.jpg

Give someone like me, who has no idea what they're doing when it comes to body work, some fiberglass and watch in wonder.... thats a big fail right there.

The only way it will die is if it is burned. Start the grills boys.

I always wonder why people leave the boat anchor bumpers on when they've done so much other work...they're about the worst thing styling-wise on the '74 and up S30s. Thousands of dollars on body kits and paint and no time spent unbolting those things and saving not only some weight, but your eyes, as well.

That kit wouldn't look so bad if it actually flowed a bit better with the lines of the car, but it's a geometric look on a chassis that's mostly curves. Completely incongruous. Maybe on a S31 it would work better.

I always wonder why people leave the boat anchor bumpers on when they've done so much other work...they're about the worst thing styling-wise on the '74 and up S30s. Thousands of dollars on body kits and paint and no time spent unbolting those things and saving not only some weight, but your eyes, as well.

That kit wouldn't look so bad if it actually flowed a bit better with the lines of the car, but it's a geometric look on a chassis that's mostly curves. Completely incongruous. Maybe on a S31 it would work better.

I could not agree more. It's '80's styling applied to '70's body lines just isn't as good as the '80's 280ZX lines. Yes, the S31 Kaminari body kits look the part--fits the much better than on an S30, but that's my opinion.

Davy

Exactly. And the same thing applies to the 280ZX.

Replace the entire front forward of the bonnet with a one piece slotted type front end, big wheels and tyres without flares, tidy up the back end a bit and there you have it. Which reminds me, must do pics of mine which is now finished.

Agree 100%. Almost mind boggling!

Guest Gr8White
I think you just showed all of us 5 reasons why they do not make that kit anymore.......interesting find none the less.....

LMAO....Wasn't that car in "Boogie nights"??? It needs good lighting and a disco ball to really "appreciate" it....