HybridZ

lsd price?

1 tuff z

David,

Used open R200 diffs go between $100.00 to $300.00 depending on condition. Motorsport Auto sells the Nismo limited slip assemblies to install in a R200 for ~$750.00.

Hope this helps.

Ruben

'72 240Z

I saw these LSDs in their catalog, and the 45 lb/ft breakaway torque seemed a little "loose" to me. Is this a normal or good setting? Also, is the Quaife LSD a worm gear (can't remember the correct name for this type in my old age) or clutchless type of carrier?

Mike is correct the Quaife is a worm gear (Gleason Torsen) type LSD.

I seem to recall reading a post from John Coffey indicating that the 45 lb/ft breakaway for the Nismo unit is an old recommendation and too low, at least for autocross. Nissan Motorsport recommends 70 lb/ft breakaway which takes into consideration the better tires that are available nowdays.

Nissan Comp still recommends 45 ft. lb. breakaway. Ron Johnson "suggests" a higher breakaway torque number for high horsepower and autocross applications. I ran 70 ft. lb. in mine.

Autocross is very hard on clutch type LSDs. If you campaign a full season you can expect to rebuild the LSD once a year. But, since I bought my Quaife in 1999 I don't have to worry about that stuff!

Reider racing sells limited slips for $450 for the 12mm ring gear r200.

Do they still have them available? I thought it was just posted last week that they're no longer available thru Reider? John, do you know what one should expect to pay to have gears setup? ie. buying a clutch or quaiffe posi and having unitrax set it up with gears etc should cost approximately how much?