HybridZ

Fender Exit Exhaust

Challenger

IMG_1373.JPG

I found emyrohens car in the photo album and like the way the fender exits look. Anyone else have similar pictures of fender exhaust exits? The metal shield that is on the fender would be simple to make but Im not sure of the issues youd have getting to the fender.

Thanks

The biggest challenge is definitely getting past the frame rail. If i remember right emyrohen's car has the frame rail replaced and has a "box" to allow the exhaust to go through. I think with out that it might cause some clearance issues. Maybe if you could squeeze some oval tubing it would fit but i doubt it.

That and I think I remember him saying it was very loud... may become annoying on a street car between noise and heat at your feet.

I just noticed this.... it looks like 280zforce has his wastegate exiting out of the fender

IMG_3152a.jpg

Kevin

Every time I see the tires some of you guys are running I feel extremely bad for your wallet and the street you are literally tearing up.

Back to subject though, that would cause heat by your feet yes. But I bet you could do some sort of foil around the firewall there if you really wanted to make it nice. Setup the exhaust, take it out, and have it ceramic coated. 1000º to 300º with ceramic alone. The other problem is a muffler. I have a tiny single chamber but it wouldn't fit in there. You'd have to have something that acts as pipe and muffler without any weird, non-pipe sort of shape. First thing that comes to mind is a 2.5" maybe 3" glasspack.

I do like the pointing down of the exhaust. That should keep and oil or whatever else your car belches on the ground. However if its for racing don't do what my dad did and have it facing down so when you go through the sandy and gravel barracks you blow rocks on people...

Here are some pictures that I found to show the space you have underneath I guess.. From a v8 conversion.

15mn5gx.jpg

r24vwj.jpg

zk69t4.jpg

If you have a header, dump pipe, or just stock manifolds, there isn't any room to go up, otherwise I would say go in between the big brake booster and the wheel well arch. There are wires and such in there though unless if you neatly hid them between the fender and the chassis. This would make your exhaust pop out midway high on the fender though rather than the bottom so that may not work for you.

I would check local laws.

I know a fender exhaust like pictured in the first post, even the wastegate only exhaust would be illegal here in Ontario. The exhaust has to exit behind the rear most opening (window) in the vehicle. So on the S30, that would be just below the dogleg as the farthest forward.

I would check local laws.

I know a fender exhaust like pictured in the first post, even the wastegate only exhaust would be illegal here in Ontario. The exhaust has to exit behind the rear most opening (window) in the vehicle. So on the S30, that would be just below the dogleg as the farthest forward.

Thats when you just bolt up a 4" tip on the back and say its all good.:icon10:

Thats when you just bolt up a 4" tip on the back and say its all good.:icon10:

LOL, too bad the DMV is actually checking for stuff like this, especially the emisions equipment part of things anymore. ;)

I've seen people do something similar when they used exhaust that dumped under the car to keep the police off thier back, just hung a couple tips under the back bumper to make it look like the exhaust was proper.

If you see the thread I posted there are some pictures on how I routed the exhaust through the t/c box. Your going to have to get creative if your going to go through frame or fenderwells and reinforce those areas.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=130249

Although it is loud, I do enjoy the noise at high revs from time to time.

Also, heat really isnt an issue with my engine and exhuast and, beleive it or not my cabin stays cooler than before.