HybridZ

Show us your Shop!

LowCarbZ

So hopefully this is the last time i'll be able to take a pic like this (doin the rear brakes and wheel cylinders on the Datsun out at my parent's in the driveway today)....

n509881577_1645460_7725.jpg

Because of this. (Yeah I know the shop needs organizing and cleaning up!) And just ignore that garage ornament collecting dust at the back (Fiberglass 95 YJ project).

It was a bit of a bitch to install, took a lot of musclin' around and such but it's worth it in the end! 9,000lb capacity, ability to store on top and park underneath. Center jack, hydraulic, etc. etc. Much nicer to work in the shop now. Post up your shop/garage/driveway shots, I wanna see where you guys work on your Z cars!

n509881577_1645461_8871.jpg

n509881577_1645462_9977.jpg

pictures are a couple years old, taken the first day we had electric power while we were just stuffing things into the new shop

That's not a shop, that is a palace! I'd have a small section in the corner or in the air for a bed!

BTW when you go to get a compressor

I found one 7hp/60 gallon home depot compressor would barely keep up with a sand blaster I had, I priced a 10hp/120 gallon to replace it, and decided on just adding a second commpressor

P1000311.JPG

IT works very effectively and the cost was about $870 for the PAIR, MUCH MORE COST EFFECTIVE THAN A SINGLE LARGER COMPRESSOR

When we built our retirement home I wanted to make sure I had a shop to build cars in. So yeah, this is my new garage.

It's 40 feet deep by 25 feet wide and has a 14 foot vaulted ceiling in the back. All I have to do now is install the lift.

Speed, that's one very large garage! What I find even more impressive though, is how nicely finished it is. It probably matches the rest of the house: clean and sweet. I don't have a dream home, but when I'm finally finished with cleaning up my garage (nearly there!) and then painting the floor, I'll be in a good spot. I LOVE my garage and spend hours in there on weekends 'cleaning' up.

Davy

SpeedRacer, I am jealous of your garage. Such a clean and spacious work space. Something I wish I had.

Here's mine, or more accurately, my dads.

DSCF1959.jpg

DSCF1960-1.jpg

I have access to a barn, capable of fitting about 4 S30's, to get an idea of size. However, hundreds of spiders inhabit it, along with old car parts from my dads projects taking up 1/4 of the building, dirt, mice, the occasional bird, so on and so forth. But it's better than nothing, thats for sure. No pics of that one, can't find any at the moment.

RESULTS of hurricane FAY, 48 hours of HARD ALMOST CONSTANT RAIN

Ive got 6"-10" of water standing in some areas of my yard that are normally dry, and the pond in the back yard now looks like it covers about a full acre vs its normal 3/4 acre but in a couple days things will be back to normal......we needed the rain, so no big deal

heres the normal level

garge24.jpg

the water is currently about 6" deep at the base of that small tree in front of the shop doors, but would need to get about 2.5 feet higher to reach the shop floor and that would flood many of the houses before my shop.........thats after almost two solid days of almost constant hard rain

floodgarage.JPG