HybridZ

n/a rb25de

trowa47

So I have been searching and I am finding loots of good info about the rb25de but there are many things I cant find

has any one had any look with non after market headers for the rb25de in the 240z ?

how rev happy is the rb25de (whats the max rpm stock) and what kind of rpm can you build for ?

with the vvt on the rb25de how does that work with get bigger cams ?

and with a biger cam can you keep the vvt

and any info any one wants to share there is not a lot of talk about the rb25de

and if any one knows any thing share please !

Dont know a lot about the NA version but it should be the same less a turbo for the most part...Different cams maybe but the turbo RB's rev to 8 easy and love it. I have seen RB's with aftermarket cams rev to 10K and still be happy, I have also seen 12K but I wouldn't do that haha....

Well I can sort of comment - I mean sort of as I have RB26 head which as a different exhaust flange setup so I needed to have the header modified to suit the RB26 head anyway.

But there is the basic story so far. I have a 260z which is the same floor plan as the US market 280z ie the floor on the pass side (your drivers side) is a little higher than on the 240z so I guess on a 240z more work would be required. I purchased a hybrid RB25/RB26 N/A engine from Japan that had a modified set of the Fujitsubo RB25DE header. This was modified already, it had a different flange for the RB26 head installed on it. When installing these on the car they were too close to the chassis rail and the floor so they were modified again. I didn't know how much of the stock header was removed when installing the RB26 flange at the time and to get the clearance I needed I had some extra length added so I could change the angle at which the pipes left the head so they whole header could be kicked down and inwards towards the block/gearbox. I also had some extra pipes put on the end to move the mounting flange away from the floor/chassis rail.

So here are some pics.

This is a pic of the standard RB25DE Fujitsubo header (this is my spare set that I just picked up for a good price. I am going to see if I can get these modified without adding the extra pipe at the head mounting flange)

album_picm.php?pic_id=151

Here is a shot of the modified headers that I have (currently on the car)

album_picm.php?pic_id=153

This is a close up of the extra pipe that is under the car

album_picm.php?pic_id=148

And this is a close up of the head flange area

album_picm.php?pic_id=147

On the engine in the car

album_picm.php?pic_id=146

Different angle on the car

album_picm.php?pic_id=145

And different angle again

album_picm.php?pic_id=144

So there was a bit of work to get these to fit. I am hoping with the second set of headers that I got I will be able to change the angle when we put the head flange on the header so this can be done without the extra pipes around this area. This will allow me to take the set with the extra pipes and change these some more so when I install the taller RB30 block I will have a set of headers for that engine too.

Your probably going to find most of the info you need about the RB25DE on skylines down under forums.

Most aftermarket headers are made for R33 skylines and going to have to be modified for an RB in an S30. My guess is that your going to have clearence issues with firewall and maybe brake booster so custom headers might be the best option.

Also try searching " extractors" on skyline based forums.

BTW redline on my RBDE is 7k

mike, that looks great.

what is the ID/OD" of the Fujitsubo header?

The are designed for a R33 RB25DE, the spec is (from the Fujitsubo web site)

Primaries = 42.7φ x6

collector = 50.8φ x2

and if I used the 2 into 1 bit but that was in the wrong place by far = 70.0φ for the final bit.

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/product01.php?no=620-15072&reno=00000000000000002590

• 5 years later...