HybridZ

APC filters and why you dont want one

Guest SecZeeZ31

Guest SecZeeZ31

I know I should have thought twice about such a cheap filter. But as you guys probably know, the z31's turbo placement leaves one with very little room between the engine mount and the turbo. This one was sitting on the shelf and was just the right size....I was too excited to think properly.

It DID flow well....right up to the end.

Lesson learned.

damn. i hope your claims video helps them shut up and accept the fact that they are distributing faulty parts.

as a side note.. I had a friend that did just about everything to a CRX at one point. he changed this and that... but the engine ran like ♥♥♥♥.

turns out the SAME piece on the air filter that broke on yours decidede to wedge itself in one of the intake ports, and was restricting airflow to one of the cylinders.

Pieces of shite.

Guest SecZeeZ31
That totally sucks. I can hear the frustration in your voice. I'm impressed with your restraint to use some colourful words...lol

You should see me deal with those pricks on the phone. They have demanded the dumbest ♥♥♥♥. Pictures of the engine bay I can understand, but pictures of the interior? The claims rep is lucky he wasn't in the same room with me when he told me to reinstall the broken turbo just so he could have a picture of it in the car.

I'm going to have a stroke before this is all over.