HybridZ

lm-1 or lc-1?

DuoWing

I'm not sure where to post this, but I need to get a wideband, since I'll be running Nistune soon. Anyway I've been looking at either the lc-1 with the DB gauge, because I would like an in-car gauge for monitoring my A/F ratios, since I really won't always be able to watch a laptop while I'm driving. The LC-1 with the DB Gauge is about $280 where as the the base lm-1 is a little more at $299. Anyone have any recommendations which is better go with?

LC-1. You do not need a DB gauge, nor do you need ANY gauge, if you are logging with Logworks. You can pick up a G2 or G3 gauge and LC-1 fairly resonably. You will still need an RPM converter though.

I am personally using an LC-1, G3 gauge, and LMA-3 auxbox. The auxbox has a built in MAP sensor, RPM input, EGT/CHTS input, and accelerometer. It can log 6 channels simultaneously. I am logging AFR, EGT, MAP, RPM, accelerometer, and my methanol pressure sender. You can customize any of the 5 other channels to log what you want via the inputs.

I have the AEM Wideband in my 350Z and I love it. The price is right and you can datalog with it if you desire. Here is a little info. I got mine off of ebay for like $219 shipped. Hope this helps.

AEM’s UEGO Display Gauge allows owners of AEM Wideband UEGO Controllers 30-2300 or 30-2301 to monitor Air/Fuel ratios (AFR) in real time without the use of a laptop. This gauge includes a 0-5 Volt analog output to interface with most data-loggers or aftermarket engine management systems, and includes an RS 232 serial data output port for data logging without an engine management system. AEM’s UEGO Display Gauge is calibrated to work with AEM UEGO sensor controllers ONLY. These units display to 0.1 AFR, feature 24 color-coded LED display lights for immediate reference to engine AFR, and have an integrated three-digit real-time display for AFR. AEM’s UEGO Display Gauge displays one channel only, so users wishing to display two channels simultaneously will need two gauges (V6 to V10 applications).

dot_13x13.gifFor use with AEM Wideband UEGO Controllers 30-2300 & 30-2301dot_13x13.gif24 color-coded LEDs and three-digit center display provide immediate reference to engine AFRdot_13x13.gifRS 232 Serial data output included for data loggers

That's one of the reasons I recommended the LM1 setup. Datalogging is built in and no laptop is "required" while it's logging. The LM2 is now available and has alot more features, like the built in auxbox features, but it's kinda pricey too.

ahhhhhhhhh go for the LM2, you'll always wish you had it, and then you'll upgrade and sell your LM1 for less than you bought it to sell it off quickly to have the rest of the cash for the LM2.

479 for the unit and sensor is a good investment for a tool that does what it do!

One thing I forgot to ask, how does anyone feel about the Zeitronix ZT-2, I was searching and didn't find much in the way of opinions about it.

As for the RPM converter, I believe if you link the Wideband up with Nistune that you can datalog your A/F ratio alongside the RPM? I could be wrong on this though as I don't have it yet. One thing I was wondering though, do you guys feel it's worth having an extra gauge set up in your car so you can see the AFR at whatever moment you may need to? That was one of the reasons why I was thinking of going with the LC-1 and DB gauge, I just don't really like the needle gauge when you could have the digital display telling you the exact number the O2 sensor is telling it.

We run the old Haltech Digital Display on the dashboard, in the driver's line of sight on the Bonneville Car. If it's not where it's supposed to be (far right) during a run, the driver will let off and the rest of us pray he saw it quick enough...

Red/Green/Yellow much easier to discern than a dial gauge that you shouldn't be looking at during WOT sessions...IMO

We run the old Haltech Digital Display on the dashboard, in the driver's line of sight on the Bonneville Car. If it's not where it's supposed to be (far right) during a run, the driver will let off and the rest of us pray he saw it quick enough...

Red/Green/Yellow much easier to discern than a dial gauge that you shouldn't be looking at during WOT sessions...IMO

I agree. That's one reason why I still have my Auto Meter "AF" gauge. Currently it's running off my NBO2 sensor, but I will connect it to my LC-1 in the future. I just make sure it's in the green.

If the tuning equipment/softeware/EMS has the ability to log the WBO2 input then I would say LC-1, and probably no gauge. If you really want a display in front of you, then a simple lean/stoich/rich indicator should be used.

If the tuning equipment/software/EMS doesn't have provisions for logging the WBO2 input, then the LM-1 at least, along with an RPM input, better yet the LC-2 with it's other built capabilities would be the best. The more "channels" or inputs you have to compare the AFR to at that exact moment, the better.