HybridZ

LS1 exhaust system installed

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing those pics!! It is so helpful to see when the application is virtually IDENTICAL to what I will be needing.

I'm seriously considering 'Round' mufflers [Magnaflow] that will tuck up out of view. I have used oval mufflers on my last three 240Zs, and I want to try to make them 'disappear' a bit more....

Thanks for sharing those pics!! It is so helpful to see when the application is virtually IDENTICAL to what I will be needing.

I'm seriously considering 'Round' mufflers [Magnaflow] that will tuck up out of view. I have used oval mufflers on my last three 240Zs, and I want to try to make them 'disappear' a bit more....

I have two round Magnaflows with full dual 2.5" pipes and crossover. It sounds freaking awesome. I am consistently getting comments how good it sounds.

Could I see a rear view pic? Either on this thread or PM'd.... Thanks!

What kind of rear view picture? Do you mean with the car on the ground? I have my shop in a million pieces right now. I'm painting the floor. It's going to be next week before I can clear all the crap out of the way to take one for you..

Heat wrap the part of the exhaust nearest to the tank. This is very similar to the setup I have in my car Ls1 tank (with the 3" part of the exhaust near the tank) , and the exhaust is very close to the tank. Heres a picture of what I mean.

mesamufler8.jpg

Kinda off the subject but what size tires are those?

How hot does the exhaust pipe and muffler get back there? It looks like the tank is okay up to 250*.

The tires are only 225-40-17. I bought them used just to be able to move the car around. Going to put 255 on it when I start driving it. It still a work in progress..

How hot does the exhaust pipe and muffler get back there? It looks like the tank is okay up to 250*.

The tires are only 225-40-17. I bought them used just to be able to move the car around. Going to put 255 on it when I start driving it. It still a work in progress..

Mesa Muffler recommended it because its really close to the tank. They been doing exhausts for about 50 years so i trusted the know what they are talking about and did it. Not sure how hot it gets but wasn't willing to find out.

Could you please tell me the LENGTH of the muffler 'can'? Don't need the entire length [including inlet & outlet], just the can itself. My current plan is to run Round Maganflows and hopefully have them tuck up under the rear valance [relatively out of sight].

Thanks...

Guest Gr8White

Me likes....One of the best things about having a 30 year old car is no emissions, my 78 became exempt this year, whew hew!!! Doesn't look like there are any serious ground clearance issues???

Looks like the craftsmanship of the install is top shelf.

True. I think i'll take your advice and wrap it..

What size tires are you running in back? I think a 255 should fit back they easy.

Those pictured are 225 as well. Reason I asked is because i know you have 8.5 width tires and im starting to look for tires for my new wheels. They are 17x9 and i was also looking at 255s in the rear but wasnt sure.