HybridZ

AFM was installed backwards, installed correctly and now runs RICH!

'76 280z, stock.

I was having same hesitation problems that other people have posted about. I tried all their solutions, nothing has worked. Then, I noticed the (newly reman'ed) AFM was installed backwards.

So I install it the right way and the car runs way worse. Black smoke is coming out the tail pipe. I need to do a fuel pressure check, but what the heck is going on? It barely revs up in neutral, if it has any kind of load on it it bogs down and nearly dies.

I also need to check the plugs now, I know.

How does the adjustment on the AFM work? It doesn't seem to do anything.

I was having same hesitation problems that other people have posted about. I tried all their solutions, nothing has worked. Then, I noticed the (newly reman'ed) AFM was installed backwards.

I need photos to visualize how that trap-door AFM would even let the car run at anything but idle speed if installed 'backwards'... It would make no metering decisions at all other than being completely closed (idle position) all the time.

It doesn't hinge backwards, there is no way that would have run the car down the road at all. Not the way I'm figuring it, anyways.

it sounds like MASSIVE corrosion on the water temp sensor and wires, or a locked up FPR (actually it could be this one, mine was locked at 100psi 100%locked and I couldn't even start the car because of how much it was flooding) I'm not quite sure what else it could be, except corrosion and corrosion. I suggest downloading the EFI Bible and grab your favorite multimeter and start doing tests