HybridZ

240-z on ebay

This may be the wrong section, but i find it interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-240-Z-1970-Datsun-240-Z-Rallye-Car-In-Line-6-cylinder-Manual_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6187QQitemZ140263831482QQrdZ1

This car looks very good on the outside, in fact, i had bid $2000+ on it. I had him send me some underbody pictures, and it took me less than 10 minutes to cancel my bids. The car looks pretty good on the outside, but the underside is rot.

The person who wins this car, and pays to have it shipped/picks it up, will be be pissed when they take a close look to it. I can post the pictures if anyone's interested. Figured i'd put this here in case anyones looked at it, and doesn't know what they're getting into. Also, theres a ton of little non-factory wires running around, you can see some of them in the pictures on the listing.

I do really like the body kit on it though, and the tail lights are pretty cool. What fender flairs, spoiler, and air dam is that? Also, a place to buy them would be GREAT.

Thanks.

That's what i though too, til i saw some of these:

240under005hl8.jpg

240under007iq1.jpg

240under019uy0.jpg

240under009uc8.jpg

I hardly believed my eyes when i saw all that rust. Maybe it's not a bad as i think, but it's just way too much work for me.

EDIT : You can cancel a bid through ebay, but you have to give a legitimate reason. If you look, you can see that another person canceled their bid as well.

The body kit looks similar to Big Sam, but not quite the same.

That thing is way too far gone for me. Just the e-bay picture of the strut tower i.d. tag with serious cancer below it would have scared me off. The whole bottom of the car would disintegrate before your eyes when you started into it.