HybridZ

I think I've been hit by a Datsun infection...

Six_Shooter

So as some of you know, I bought my first Z back in January. I've done quite a bit to it, still lots to go.

Anyway I bought a ZX for parts a little over a month ago, it's already gone...

Now, partialy thanks to a thread on another site, I'm considering trying to find a Datsun pick up, I don't recall which model, and it's probably best that I don't otherwise if I put a "Name" to it, I may follow through.

I currently have a 1985 GMC Jimmy, that I'll be doing a power plant conversion on, I had a turbo V6 in it for a while, and that was fun, I pulled it apart to upgrade the heads and intake, then it became upgrade the entire engine deal, now I'm going a different direction with it, and I will complete it, since I have too much money in the body to just abandon the project.

I just can't help but look at the Datsun pick-ups and think how great it would be to pull my Z to the track with a Datsun pick up.

:confused:

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of, the front end has a 510 look to it.

You're not helping. :icon53::willy_nil

Maybe in a few years once I get some other projects out of the way, like my truck, my Bike, the T-bucket (I WILL Be driving that next year.) and a few other things I ned to get done, I'll consider actually finding one. :lol:

I think I'll need to buy the Mustang for Allison before buying another project vehicle, would probably help smooth things over getting another project. :lmao:

lol when I was into the J bodies I wanted to do the same thing, put a cavalier wagon body on an S10 frame and make a rwd cavy wagon to tow my turbo sunbird around. Dosent seem like such a good idea now, lol

Anyways, heres an article you may find of interest http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/2008/09/11/nissan-1400-sunny-truck-put-out-to-pasture/#more-3305 You could win a free truck, I think its a nissan tho :P