HybridZ

I need a new turbo to go with this new manifold...

RB26powered74zcar

I guess I'll give a nice single a new home. I couldn't pass up the deal I just got on this brand new manifold for $800 :shock:

What t4 turbo should I start looking for? I'm not to up on the single variants...

picture0011322070134199ob4.th.jpg

picture0071655529166701vr6.th.jpg

picture0031720305173050gq7.th.jpg

picture0051761146177039mh4.th.jpg

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?p=1592319#post1592319

I forget if you're built or not, that might be a limiting factor in your turbo choice.......also, is the fuel system up to par with what kind of numbers you're wanting to make?

The possibilities of T4 are limitless, stock power levels to 1000rwhp levels...

I'd say pick out an HP level thats going to satisfy you, and work on finding a turbo thats going to allow that HP level at the height of the turbo's performance, that way you arent sacrificing lag....

Nice looking manifold Joel!!

When choosing your turbo, what characteristics are you looking for...

Do you want a quick spool?

Do you want max power?

What rpm would you like full boost and what do you consider "full boost"?

These turbo characteristics will change somewhat with your choice of a/r on the turbine housing... the larger the a/r, the more power it will make, but the slower it will spool.

Mike

Thanks for everyone's input... it's greatly appreciated!

Brandon, is that turbo like the one he removed and went to a smaller version? I thought I remembered reading where he had too much turbo there at one point, and swapped out to a smaller turbo, which very well may be the one he currently now has .

I really like the response and street level powerband I now have with the twins, its just everythings tight in there with all the required piping and such. I'd like to try and choose the right single, that will give me pretty much what I'm now getting with the twins, but alot less heat, and a cleaner look under the hood.

Brandon, do you know of anyone running that turbo on a 2.6 - 3.0L six?

BTW, to the question if the motor is built.... I really haven't put that info out there very often, but my motor has all the goodies, inside and out, to support almost any turbo I'd want to try on it. My 264/9.7 cams would limit big numbers though.

I'm really not interested in shooting for the sky with this car/motor. I'm happy with what power its got right now, (what ever it is) so I'm not really in the market for a huge

turbo... :wink:

thanks again guys

I've got a brand new Borg Warner S374 for sale. It's the turbo Underground was using on his 240sx before he switched it out. Might have hood clearance issues though as the compressor cover is very large. See the ad here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=132305&highlight=borg+warner

Brandon

It looks like you currently have a peak turbine flow of about 42lb/min. The GT4202R w/ 1.15 a/r matches that turbine flow nicely. I would think that you would have close to the same response with the single with equal turbine flow. You are loosing out on the divided turbine housing with this new manifold. Your twins took advantage of having cylinders 1,2,3 and 4,5,6 divorced. This theoretically helps spool up.

Justin