HybridZ

I need a new turbo to go with this new manifold...

RB26powered74zcar

I just use 94 oct premium pump. The actuators on my turbos are adjustable, but I can't seem to get above 18 lbs of boost, and that's using a HKS EVC easy. I guess I need to try and tighten up on the threaded actuator arms, maybe I can get more boost that way.

I have a HKS 60mm racing w/g to use with that new manifold, so I know I won't have boost control issues with what ever new turbo I end up choosing. I think 18 to 22 lbs would be the norm for me.

That turbo looks very promising and would spool a hell of a lot quicker then your current setup. Do you run race gas? How much boost are you looking to run?

Justin

Dude you should be getting more then 18PSI. Check to make sure you are hooked up right on your EVC. those have different settings when using external vs internal wastegate. then check your WG actuators. they may not be up to the task. may need to upgrade to stronger actuators. not sure going to a big single is your solution. but it would make you plumbing allot easier!!!

What you will want to do is find out what your 'base' boost is.......do this by just connecting the wastegate lines, to a vacuum source. This is going to allow your wastegates to open at their min-obtainable boost.

A good rule of thumb is you can typically squeek 2x the amount of base boost pressure with a boost controller.

If your 'base' boost is only 9psi on the wastegates then you'll want to look into tightening them...or upgrading

Well... I can look at this two different ways, I got a great manifold for the price, or I got stiffed.

This manifold was advertised as a T4 flanged manifold. I did not pay enough attention to the pic showing the flange, so I gobbled up the deal.

Its a T3 flange. I guess I could sell it, or I can get a T3 based turbo that would give me all I want out of the motor, which is not alot really, compared to what most build their RB26 to HP wise.

I'm back to trying to figure out a good streetable, low/mid boost, quick spooling, now T3 turbo...

What do you think... sell it, or keep it?

I have a T04S T67 sitting on a shelf in the garage with less than 300 street miles on it. The turbo was built by Limit Motorsports and spooled on my L30 stroker by 3500 rpm. T67 .70 AR housing with a .82 T3 exhaust with a stage 5 wheel, the turbo is capable of making over 600 rwh.

t67turbopm2.jpg

w640.png

t67turboexrm8.jpg

w640.png

Well... I can look at this two different ways, I got a great manifold for the price, or I got stiffed.

This manifold was advertised as a T4 flanged manifold. I did not pay enough attention to the pic showing the flange, so I gobbled up the deal.

Its a T3 flange. I guess I could sell it, or I can get a T3 based turbo that would give me all I want out of the motor, which is not alot really, compared to what most build their RB26 to HP wise.

I'm back to trying to figure out a good streetable, low/mid boost, quick spooling, now T3 turbo...

Garret GT35r,0.7 a/r comp,0.82 a/r turbine housing most popular choice over here for big hp street RB's

Garret GT35r,0.7 a/r comp,0.82 a/r turbine housing most popular choice over here for big hp street RB's

however i would still make sure any turbo is going to clear the hood before going any further,it looks to mount too high to me

If you're going with a T3, the GT35R seems like a pretty good choice, but if a t4 is what you want, why not get someone to cut off the flange and replace it with a T4 flange? That shouldn't be out of the question, right?

If you're going with a T3, the GT35R seems like a pretty good choice, but if a t4 is what you want, why not get someone to cut off the flange and replace it with a T4 flange? That shouldn't be out of the question, right?

I thought the same thing, but received this message back from the actual builder of these manifolds...

" Joel,

Due to the order of operations, swapping the turbo flange is not possible with this manifold. There is no way to successfully cut the T3 flange off, nor is there adequate clearance to weld the new T4 flange on. I would be willing to sell you a new manifold built to your spec for $1400.00 to help out(a large discount), but it looks like you'll either have to go with a T3 turbo, or sell the manifold and order up a T4 unit.

Wish I could be of more help!

Thank you,

Cody Loveland, President

LoveFab, INC.

www.lovefab.com

231 499 3912 "

Joel, Im pretty sure you will be able to make the power you are after with a 35R or see if you can get a T3 flanged 37R. My next door neighbor made 600wheel HP with a GT35R in his 2.0 ltr S2000 @ 30psi of boost.

Thanks Gabe. I may end up with a better power band and still have more hp than I need with a T3... :coollook:

I may have missed it but why are you getting away from your original setup again? Is it the boost problem?

Because I'm retarded..... :shock: I have a bad habit of buying stuff I don't really need. I impulse buy when I see a good deal come my way.

Do you remember just a few weeks ago what I bought....? :mrgreen:

hmm

uhh

lets see....

(hint) another f-ing single manifold!! As if I need two single manifolds... :redface:

What started me on this trip, was I'd like to make the engine compartment less packed, and a bit cooler.