HybridZ

track day = tow truck

well today the ontario Z car club went to Sparta for some T&T and bracket racing. I didn't even make it to the bracket racing :(

I got a total of 4 runs in though on my new MT ET Street Radials. Therein lies the cause of my problem.

I did get a new PB at 12.66 w/ 1.89 60' on basically cold DR's.

I heated them up a tad for the next run and well, i didnt get a time slip.

Pictures are worth more than words.

Busted-ness comes to mind however.

Time for an upgrade

n512692343_1266205_7989_thumb.jpg

n512692343_1266209_802_thumb.jpg

n512692343_1266207_9410_thumb.jpg

n512692343_1266208_101_thumb.jpg

I have learned from past experience. If you are still on the factory half shafts, then it is necessary to bring at least two extra axles to the track.

As I recall you also brought a set of jackstands, a floor jack and tools... you knew what was going to happen...

janaka, welcome to the "found the weak link" club. I ran several 1.8xx, a few 1.7xx and what probably would have been a 1.6xx (60' times) if I had not twisted mine out.

My U joint.

S1010005.jpg

I did a little more than break the U joint, this is how the replacement fit.

S1010014.jpg

I saw in your pictures that you managed to twist your half shaft a little more than I did mine.

Dragonfly

Id like to see a picture of it off the car...

Hopefully you can get it back up quick.

I'll definately be getting pics of it off the car. I'm keeping it as a reminder of the power of torque on metal. :mrgreen:

I have a local member that has a few half shafts that I can get one from and my mechanic will be able to install it before the weekend... i'm supposed to go racing with him this sunday...lol

I may pick up an extra one (or two) if I can incase I try to go racing again lol

I hope it didn't do any other serious damage under the car. Sometimes brake lines/ ebrake cables/ can get whacked.

If you don't want to upgrade the shafts, you can always detune the motor! bwahaha!

I have never upgraded mine, and until I have a problem, I will leave them alone. (I have worn out a few pair since I have owned the car, but have never broken one)

Sorry I couldn't make the meet. I just couldn't get the dyno tuning session with Whiteheads set up in time. The racer crowd takes precidence sometimes. Maybe next time.

Goodluck! and congrats on the slip you did get!

Scott.

I hope it didn't do any other serious damage under the car. Sometimes brake lines/ ebrake cables/ can get whacked.

If you don't want to upgrade the shafts, you can always detune the motor! bwahaha!

I have never upgraded mine, and until I have a problem, I will leave them alone. (I have worn out a few pair since I have owned the car, but have never broken one)

Sorry I couldn't make the meet. I just couldn't get the dyno tuning session with Whiteheads set up in time. The racer crowd takes precidence sometimes. Maybe next time.

Goodluck! and congrats on the slip you did get!

Scott.

Detune the motor. thats funny, you're a a regular stand up comedian I tell ya!

I'm just going to get the car home and then piece together the CV upgrade and be done with it. All things considered its not THAT expensive in the scheme of things. The question is where do I stop while I'm working back there? Adjustable LCA's? Coilovers? Adjustable shocks? LSD? Its a slippery slope as usual.

Once upon ago I think you where making fun of the "while Im at it"syndrome....hahaha!

While your at it......You might as well beef up the stub axles...and "while your at it"....install adjutable struts..."and while your at it"....why not throw in coil overs....AZC billet rear and control arms...and .....that LSD....did you consider a disk brake up grade......that should do it ....."while you at it"!!!!

Oh ya.....and while your at it...dont forget the front of the car!!!!!!!!!

Better wait another month....cause one you start the car aint gonna! There is nothing slippery about the slope...its a cliff!

Once upon ago I think you where making fun of the "while Im at it"syndrome....hahaha!

While your at it......You might as well beef up the stub axles...and "while your at it"....install adjutable struts..."and while your at it"....why not throw in coil overs....AZC billet rear and control arms...and .....that LSD....did you consider a disk brake up grade......that should do it ....."while you at it"!!!!

Better wait another month....cause one you start the car aint gonna! There is nothing slippery about the slope...its a cliff!

You are a bad influence Jerry... :twisted:

I think I'm going to start with just the Z31 CV's and adapters and just go from there. I already have a list made of what I'd like, however reality is I want to get the car on the road sooner than later so start small and build down the road. I think this is the 'smart' way to do it.

I figured I'd add to the stock half shaft / axle love.

I went from some 195/75/14s to these 235/45/17 continentals:

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

lasted all of one week before the u-joint popped:

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

I gunned it on a freeway on ramp in first and pop...knock, knock, knock...luckily didn't hurt anything cept my pride as I was giving a friend a show off ride:banghead:

I blame you for the events that have just happened.

my inlaws are coming from AZ next week... Arizona Z Car is about 30min from their house.

Billet mustache

Billet Finned brace

12.2" brakes

Jerry you can expect a call from my wife. I gave her your # to explain my actions.

I see the cliff, I just hope my bungee cord is properly affixed. :twisted:

my inlaws are coming from AZ next week... Arizona Z Car is about 30min from their house.

Billet mustache

Billet Finned brace

12.2" brakes

Jerry you can expect a call from my wife. I gave her your # to explain my actions.

I blame him for a lot of my modifications as well, the only difference I got some of mine from him, so not only can he be that little devil on your shoulder, he can be the Mr. Pusherman too. :flamedevi

LOL......is she hot?

Billet mustache

Billet Finned brace

12.2" brakes