HybridZ

Check this out.

drwharton85

Holy crap. PM sent.

Had I known that I would have hauled it off for scrap.

Hey Joel, this is the motor you purchased on ebay that I stored for you for a while. I traded it to Donald here for some carbs and a hood.

Didn't the guy you got it from say it was supposed to be a good motor?

JT

That sucks.

A friend of mine just built a 355 sbc and suffered the same fate after it was in the car making roughly 400 ftlbs.

6th cylinder let go an went straight through the pan on the way to the Camaro show.

:-( He's one of my "z" (z28) buddies too. He bought the short block "slightly used" from someone, with a nice PTV smiley stamp on that piston. It must have crushed the main bearing or hammered on the crank pin to put it out of round.

But that RB20... that's just...

GAHT DAAAAAAAAAANG

Well I got the engine from JTaylor on here for some carbs and a hood and it did not look that bad with all the engine parts on it. John said he really didn't know anything about it other than it was purchased from someone else and stored at his house. So I wasn't expecting much but this really sucks. Oh well at least I did not drop a couple grand into like i was planning.

that's for a full running motor pulled from a car in working order with loom ecu and G-box?

I've seen various ads for RB-26-25-30's but not any RB20's yet... I suppose everyone wants the higher power from the larger cc's more?

Yep, that is complete. Pretty much everyone in the states wants the 25/26 due to the capability of the stock parts. I have seen rb25det full swaps go for 1400, but that is for an automatic transmission. Normally just the rb25det engine goes for 800-1400.

Sorry about that guys.... I got beat on that deal, plain and simple. I thought it was such a good deal for the price at the time, I jumped on it, even though I had no use for it. I figured I'd let someone have it for pretty much nothing, and did end up just giving it to JT just for him helping me with storing it.

I will try and find the sellers contact info (if I still have a old email) and ruffle his feathers over that junk motor he dumped on me.... :(