HybridZ

240z front end on a 260z?

Sirk.240

70-74

Have a "fuller" front grill and lower mounted turn signals

74.5-78

Have a grill with turn signal cut outs and the turn signals are mounted in the grill

I would say the gnose have a spot for lower mount turn signals. A conversion can be done, just have to remove the old turn signals and find some lower mount turn signals at a junk yard.

Oh yeah, As far as body size goes, 70-78 body kits are usually interchangeable.

Nice, nice. One problem.

My 260 has a full widebody. I don't know if the factory front end will even line up with the fenders :( Tampa is only an hour away, and I called Z docs. Next week i'm going to bring him pictures and look at what he has. Here are the only pictures I have of the car.

Yes, i know it's sad.. but my brother is finally going to bring it down to orlando now that i have a garage setup so i can finally finish it!!

P1010514.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

If i can get it to work out, I will be selling the G-nose if anyone in the florida area is interested. Also ditching the rear vents, taking out the lexan rear window and putting tempered in.. so i can tint it as well.

Let me know if you guys have seen this kit and know if the factory 240 or 260 front end will fit with these fenders. Really crappy pictures, but I will have my baby back this sunday and I will take pictures of the whole front end and post them.

Kris~

Btw your grill turned out nice!

is that Gnose blended into the fenders? Might be tough to even separate it in the first place...

Not really. All they did was just use Bondo to blend the bottom edge in. The whole nose is bolted on.

I'm glad you like the g-nose, but i don't. I absolutely love the wide-body, but not the g-nose. Which is why I'm asking.

Im pretty sure everyone on this forum will agree when I say to leave it alone. The time and effort taken to make that car look the way it does is far to much to go disassembling it in hopes to make it look ordinary. There are lots of people that like the Gnose and a lot of people who dont. The problem is there are far more z cars that look normal then there are with a great looking version of the gnose.

My personal opinion is if you found one of those people who lives for the Gnose look you could sell them this car and most likely make enough money to buy 2 Z cars that look normal.

Normal Z cars are a dime a dozen... Gnoses are not. just my .02

I guess when it comes to body styling. I would take a wild guess and say the g-nose is more aerodynamic than the original front bumper, but. The g-nose to me makes the front of the car SO much longer, that it starts to get goofy looking. The front end is already super long, adding 4 or 5 inches to the total length only in the front, it just does not do it for me. :willy_nil

But yes, I plan on taking it off super clean. And once I decide that I wouldn't miss it anymore then I'll post it. Because I still can't imagine what it looks like without it. :icon53: