HybridZ

On 3rd motor NEED HELP BAD!!!!!!!!

I just spoke with my friend-machanic, he said the fuel pump is running approx 3 psi. He is pretty sure there is sludge in the bottom of the gas tank and this is our problem. Will seafoam help this?? Once the car is running it is fine but when you shut it off and try to restart it that is when the rapping starts. The gas tank in the car is old and did sit for awhile (approx. 4 years).

^^^thank you very very much, I really appreciate everyone's help. All I want to do is to have-drive a vintage Z and work on it when I can. My wife is pregnant and I had to sell my 06 Z which I miss terribly I was hoping an old Z would pacify me but it had done the opposite.......

Boy do I miss this car..........................

DSC01883.jpg

Take the sender out and look inside. You'll need a small mirror to see the bottom. My 73' had sat for years and the tank was so bad the car would run for less than a minute at a time. It had rusty crud built up from moisture and old gas. No magical fluid was going to clean it. I tossed it and got another one.

Old cars are a pita and require either deep pockets for a mechanic to fix or the knowledge on how to fix them and money for parts. Bringing an old Z to a shop could cost what one is worth. They are a never ending money pit.

If your running the FI electric pump like blue72 and sweetleaf are hinting at it could cause you to hydrolock the motor.

I have however seen people think that they should run their timing retarded when they first run a new (or new to them) motor. This will cause excesive heat to build in the combustion chamber and will typicly seize the intake vlaves before the exhaust, so you may want to double check that you are set to the proper ignition timing.

RE