HybridZ

Engine Combonations with dyno or Et

blackwidow

I searched but couldnt find anything so I don't know if this has been done before. I would like to start a thread where people put up there engine combos, and dyno numbers, or 1/4 mile MPH plus weight. Trust me everybody I understand that the 1/4 mile and weight is only an estimate of power, but a lot of people have not had there cars on the dyno and have pretty good setups. I have seen many threads of people asking what this or what that setup does only to be told to search. I have been one of these people who have searched and searched only to come up with little bits and peices of the info I need. It would be nice to have one thread where many diffrent combos can be looked over to find something that represent what your setup will do.

To keep everything in check these are the things that should be listed, with examples of each-

Engine size= 2.8l

Engine work done= Blanced and blueprinted

Compression Ratio= 10.5

Head= n-47

Head work done= Shaved .010, with port matching on the intake and exhaust

Cam= American cams regrind .490/280

Intake= ITB setup from extrudeabody on a Weber DCOE

Intake work done= Matched to intake ports

Header & Exhaust= 621 header, with full 2/12" into a straight through muffler

Type of Fuel control= Megasquirt

Type of Ignition control= Megasquirt with EDIS 6

Rev Limit= 7,500

Accessories= Alt, A/C, Power Steering

Dyno HP= 185.7 @ 5252 RPM

Dyno Tq= 185.7 @ 5252 RPM

Insert dyno graph here:burnout:

If doing times with MPH please also list

1/8 mile= 8.5 @ 75 MPH

1/4 mile= 13.9 @ 100 MPH

Diff Ratio= 4.11

Vehicle Weight= 2400 LBS

I would like to keep this a N/A thread as I don't want this to be a HP shoot out. If you want to go turbo look up whats engine is close to yours and do the math to get possible HP. If you can't do the math you probably shouldnt be going turbo.

If anyone else can think of things to add that would help please let me know and I will edit this first post. And for people posting their setup please fill out everything so we can have the most info possible. Then we can see what parts make a diffrence. Once again I realize that this will not be a set in stone "you will get this from this" but it should get us in the ball park.

Also I am going to try and make a Cams guide. Not how they work, thats a book, but whats avalible. If anyone has the cam card that came with their cams and can send me the specs so I can collect them, that would be awesome.:mrgreen:

OK I'll Play

Engine size= 2.4l +1

Engine work done= Blanced and blueprinted stock rods, factory cast pistons and rings

Compression Ratio= 10.6

Head= n-42

Head work done= Welded chambers to 36cc, and ported stainless under cut valves

1-4-06_018.JPG

Cam= MSA Stage 3

Intake= modified non egr nissan

Intake work done= Matched to intake ports

1-4-06_004.JPG

Header & Exhaust= 6-1 header, with full 2/12" into a straight through muffler MSA stuff

Type of Fuel control= Electromotive

Type of Ignition control= Electromotive

Rev Limit= 8000

Accessories= underdrive pully for alt. nothing else

newmotor240z.jpg

Dyno HP at wheels= 209.9 @ 6500 RPM

Dyno Tq at wheels= 178.1 @ 5500 RPM

dyno2.JPG

MONZTER