HybridZ

awesome 2+2

Tomcat rims are cool. I got a set of Tomcats on my 71 Fairlady Z-S!

And the Celica (or is it Mitsubishi GTO) tail light panel is a nice touch as well.

Beats the same old euro lights you see everywhere, and which have become deriguer for show cars on this side of the pond.

I agree on the uniqueness of the purple 2+2 taillight panel. Sorta makes it look Kenmeri/classic american muscle. I would question the rear tow eye though. That would drive you nuts klanging around all the time.

1fastZ and jay28 sure have set the bar high as far as good looking 2+2's.

My Toyota bud got wood when I linked him to that photo. Apparently that is a one-year only Toyota Celica Liftback Panel, JDM rare as rare can be.

He even sent me catalog references and part numbers!

My comment 'wasn't that the same tail light panel that was on the Liftback I ran into the Seawall and we took to the scrapyard for the engine-blow the next weekend?'

He was not amused...apparently my recollection was correct, and apparently I trashed an uber-rare Toyota Part in the process (Had I known it was Nissan-Compatible with such a cool look I probably would have kept it!).

Meh, Toyota Parts!

I think our Bonneville 280Z 2+2 looks pretty good... Especially the one photo of it passing mile marker 3 at the flats going 170+....

that thing is freakin awesome!

couple of things i like:

its a 2+2 (hard to do right)

g-nose(i want)

those rims are pimp(i want)

its purple.

looks like he only pulled the fenders. (no flares. mad props.)

but my favorite thing about this car is that its sits so looow to the ground. =)

i would like to see how much clearance he has on the frame rails.

its original and its different. i like it alot.

They have a Web Page with a lot of information on their efforts. They are a nice group of guys. "It's nice to see another Z up here breaking records!" kind of introduction.

They are running in the 3 Liter, Blown Fuel Modified Sports class. if you go to the SCTA website, you can see their record run speeds in the miles... like 215, 218, 220... holding and still accelerating at that speed. They have gone over 220mph in that car in some other classes.

The SCTA Archival site is kind of gone, so past photos are hard to find if you didn't download them when they were available. And those are all on the archive drive at home, or on the other laptop. Otherwise our 2+2 photo would be up there...it's floating around on the site someplace. I just don't have access to it, and someone may be hosting it elsewhere other than the old SCTA-BNI site.

And that's not a long front end, BTW. Stringfellow and Kirk stretched their 14 feet in the cowl section between the a-pillar and the back of the front wheel well!