HybridZ

edis6 sensor mounting question

Derek

Hi

I'm starting to figure out how I want to mount my sensor for the edis. I noticed that in all of the pictures I could find on HybridZ show the sensors mounted traditionally which points the wires towards the fan blade. I'd really like to mount mine in the opposite direction with the plug angling in towards the motor. This would mean the edis trigger wheel would in effect be spinning in the oppisite direction across the sensor.Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Derek

Hi

I'm starting to figure out how I want to mount my sensor for the edis. I noticed that in all of the pictures I could find on HybridZ show the sensors mounted traditionally which points the wires towards the fan blade. I'd really like to mount mine in the opposite direction with the plug angling in towards the motor. This would mean the edis trigger wheel would in effect be spinning in the oppisite direction across the sensor.Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Derek

IIRC, the sensor is a photo cell and IR emitter and won't distinguish which way the wheel will be rotating in orientation to it. It reads off whether there is light being reflected back or not.

On that note, would polishing the high points on the teeth be worth doing?

As was stated above the sensor is magnet and coil. The direction the 36 - 1 wheel passes the VR sensor makes no difference. The best thing to do is get your hands on an oscilloscope while you are setting up your wiring. Follow the wave forms and make sure that your wiring performs as the wiring indicates.