HybridZ

RB26 motor slant to the left

Mike Rowe

Those who have done the RB26Z or have a GTR - my engine with the mounts from the Castlemaine Rod Shop in Australia has a definite slant (at the top) to the LHS (driver side USA, pass side Aust) of the vehicle. In other words across the cam covers is not level, the LHS cam cover is lower. Is this how others are, or do I have a problem?

If I bring it back to level the gear stick/tunnel will need cutting out as it is already to the RHS of the hole.

With the slant I am just concerned as to whether the sump will not be level with potential oil starvation issues .

Any feedback?

thanks everyone for your quick responses, mine looks the same as Joels. That gives me more confidence.

Also I checked the sump and the pickup is on the LHS which means that it will always be in the deepest amount of oil. I am also fitting the accusump accumulator so hopefully no starvation.

When are you all bringing your cars to Australia for a meet!!

I had a look under the car at the sump and it is level so obviously they do sit at a slant, just to close the thread

I think we should also bring to attention that you have the same name as the guy who hosts the "worst jobs in the world" show... just to let you know.

:D

Welcome to 2008 mike :D

Just joking.

there have been a couple discussions on why the slant is there. most popular is for oil drainage out of the head. there have been a couple installs that sit the motor up striaght and seem to not have an issues.

Welcome to 2008 mike :D

Just joking.

1988 when the engine was used in a GT500 preparation car. LOL

there have been a couple discussions on why the slant is there. most popular is for oil drainage out of the head. there have been a couple installs that sit the motor up striaght and seem to not have an issues.

Rolston can fill people in, but I remember it had to do with fabbed engine mounts and a transmission or shifter adapter that relocated the shift rod to a comfortable angle.

Does give it a more flat and clean look. I was considering it too then I remember I need to sticks dem ITB's out mah hood. :D

Heck, I could use more angle! :twisted: