HybridZ

1975 EFI Fuel tank

kcambron

I bought a 1975 EFI fuel tank for my 1973 240z conversion. I did a test fit of the tank and it didn't fit very well at all, it hung down very low and didn't fit very well on the left side at all! Any suggestions? I thought other than the straps this was a good fit? Maybe back to the 240 tank with a sump.

Thanks!

I never had a 73 tank, will the 75 tank hang lower (show more under the rear valance)than a 73?

Thanks

Yes, it will hang lower:

The tank on the right is a 71 240z sitting on two 2x4s. It will hang a bit below the valance: It also holds a bit more gasoline.

280Z_Gas_Tank_Depth.JPG

The 280 is also a bit wider and the distance between 240 straps is narrower than a z.

280ZGas_Tank_240z_Gas_Tank2.JPG

g

But it's 'even steven' when it's hung...at least mine was. Yeah, it was more visible (hung down lower, but evenly. It wasn't any lower on one side than the other...though the sentence now that I reread it may be two separate, different items 'it hung down very low' and 'didn't fit well on the left side at all'. I read it as one sentence lumping the two together in the same thing, as in 'on the left side it hung down really low and didn't fit well at all.' Which meant it was off those damn mounting points that stick down from the floor. Mine is a 73 as well.

• 4 weeks later...