HybridZ

L28 injector spacing & port dimensions

Ferrariferg

I'm looking to make my own fuel rail but I need to know the injector spacing. I can't take mine off my car right now because its my dd and I cant chance having something breaking. I know that Pallnet makes some but I already have the rail stock (Found it in the garage in a pile of scraps) and my dad is a machinist and can do all the drilling and cutting for me. I'm looking to make it a barb style so no need for any special tools. Any measurements or tips are helpful.

And yes I did search. :wink:

Kyle

• 1 year later...

InjectorLocations.png

Hey ron, you happen to have a full dimension breakdown of that manifold flange? I assume it's got the larger diameter ports which are slightly raised, yea? If not that's ok, I'll figure it out on my own eventually, just would save me some time (not that what I'm working on will go to production, but it's fun non-the-less).

• Administrators

Hey ron, you happen to have a full dimension breakdown of that manifold flange? I assume it's got the larger diameter ports which are slightly raised, yea? If not that's ok, I'll figure it out on my own eventually, just would save me some time (not that what I'm working on will go to production, but it's fun non-the-less).

I'll see what I can dig up for you this weekend.

L28ManiFlange.png

This was designed for 1.5" ID runners, and it put the runner floor even with the port floor (raised the port centerline).

...just an observation, the injector holes for cylinders 3 & 4 (on this drawing) should be on the opposite side of the runner centerline. That's how their shown and dimensioned on the previous injector spacing drawing. Again, just an observation.

• Administrators

...just an observation, the injector holes for cylinders 3 & 4 (on this drawing) should be on the opposite side of the runner centerline. That's how their shown and dimensioned on the previous injector spacing drawing. Again, just an observation.

Your observation is correct! Good catch. The injector layout in post #2 is accurate. All these drawings are old and unorganized... the remains of dual hard drive failure. I'll put it on my todo to re-create and scrub them.

Thanks again.

Your observation is correct! Good catch. The injector layout in post #2 is accurate. All these drawings are old and unorganized... the remains of dual hard drive failure. I'll put it on my todo to re-create and scrub them.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the second picture! Great thing to have saved in case I need something down the road! B)

L28ManiFlange.png

This was designed for 1.5" ID runners, and it put the runner floor even with the port floor (raised the port centerline).

Hey Ron, is this flange available? I was planning on cutting and modifying a stock flange for a new intake manifold, but this is a better option. I sent you a pm on this.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Hey Ron, is this flange available? I was planning on cutting and modifying a stock flange for a new intake manifold, but this is a better option. I sent you a pm on this.

I did receive your PM. I have one left, but I haven't decided if I want to sell it or for how much. Give me a little time.