HybridZ

Z31 W/ 2JZ video

big-phil

In case the capital in the beginning didn't give it away, those were here in Austin. I know the guy with the Z31, he works at boost logic and does some really good work. IIRC, that was around 500rwhp at the time, and he's planning on pushing it a lot further. I'm sure Shaggy will chime in when he sees this...

That would be Marc. He is indeed the fabricator for Boost Logic. I was there the night he first drove it home, Wicked car. He blew the head gasket a few weeks after it started running, then put in some new cams when he replaced the head gasket.

About 3 weeks ago, he bent a rod. But the car is already back up and running.

Currently he's running approximately 600 wheel horse power on race gas.

I'm actually headed over to see him today and take him and a few other guys to the Austin Z club meeting.

I got to ride in the car (running around 450horse on pump gas) during a race against 6 bikes. It's a beautiful thing.

*edit* He's currently running a T67 turbo, but has plans to upgrade to a T76 in the near Future.

He's a member of Hybrid Z "Street fighter" Here's his build thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=133245

*edit again* There's a lot of videos of the car in Phoenix Evo's Roll Race Vids on street fire, Roll Race 12 specifically has a lot of the car

So I was out with Marc tonight, we went and picked up 55 gallons of corn (E85)

Looks like he's going to run that. He's going to be tuning the car for E85 either tomorrow or the day after. Should be able to run at least 25psi at all times after the tune.

Austin - still interested in the Holset H1E?

Actually, I've got a Holset HX40w with a T3 flange already, I just need to replace the internals.

All I could say when he took me for an exhaust dragging ride in it the other day was "holy moley! holy moley! holy moley!" If that time wasn't such a BLLLLLLUUUUURRR... I'd probably be able to say I said that about 15 times. The only thing I've been on/in that was faster than that is a Kawasaki ZX14 in Daytona a couple years ago... and he's getting close to being faster.

My only real complaint is the solid motor and tranny mounts make sitting inside the car nearly unbearable... until he mashes the throttle at 4k.