HybridZ

Flares / Widebody The 'EZ' Way

240Z2NV

I wish that I had considered a method like the attached link to create a STEEL widebody look for my build. This guy is doing some pretty 'advanced' modifications....in his DRIVEWAY, and with pretty 'basic' tools. The actual method doesn't look that difficult, and I wish that I had thought of it...

Perhaps others on hybrid have already done similar; but, I just saw this thread relative to SEMA, and wanted to share it....

http://badcopnodonuts.com/2008/09/28/more-2009-dodge-challenger-widebody-project/

Thanks for hunting down the 'HybridZ version'. I knew someone had done something similar. I like the way that the quarters taper back into the original sheet metal at the front & rears of the quarter of the Challenger, personally. It's not so in-your-face; but, both examples are commendable.

Lake, How did you do that? looks good so far.

That is Opel Kadett D-model`s rear fender repair piece, which I have cutted and welded to fit... That was about 20min job, to make it fit...

I just take it off today, I am planning something little bit wider...:icon54:

dasse 071_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A budy of mine completed a pro street camaro and did something like that. When he was done it looked exactly like a stock quarter panel...just way bigger. I think he called it a sectioned panel and he used 2 to build one.

Takes a lot of time but it was well worth it.

The guy is welding without a shield!?!

You telling me that you've never mocked something up without your hood on before? I know I'm definitely guilty of it. I never try to lay down a full bead, but I'll hold something in place and then close my eyes to put down a temporary tack to hold it in place for 37 seconds until I can put down something a little more permanent.