HybridZ

turbocharged 351 windsor

Guest jmystmbrg

Guest jmystmbrg

for the last 2 months now i have been in a race with my father to match or even beat his 302 5.0L. i estimate it at over 450hp which is sitting in his 86' 4x4 f150. i own an 86' bronco 4x4 with a 351 windsor. iv bought a top end kit from summit which promises 400 hp/412 ft lbs. its still not enough so im thinking of turbocharging it. i know, a turbocharged bronco??..blah blah but i figure why not. i just want any information to help with my build. i thank you

• Administrators

You do realize this forum is dedicated to extreme performance Datsun/Nissan Z cars right?

Off topic discussion is allowed, (discussion of vehicles other than Z cars), but tech topics not related are better suited to forums specific to the subject, drag racing 4x4 trucks/Bronco's in this case.

Turbo charged Ford V-8 engines, excellent topic of discussion on this forum as it can apply to Z cars and we would encourage that discussion, though please try to keep the portions pertaining specifically to the Bronco/4x4 to a minimum.

Good luck with your, 4x4 drag race…

Get him to wind out the stock block at 450hp a bunch of times and you will blow past him like he is sitting still. (Because he will be parked and walking along side the road to pick up the hard parts his engine puked)

Try corral.net and the other ford websites for every possible bit of info you might ever want.

Why don't you just invest in a stroker kit with some nice internals. It would be cheaper and much less trouble than a turbo. If you can't beat a NA 302 with a NA 351, then no advice on this thread will help you. Pour some bad gas in the old man's tank...that will set you up fine.