HybridZ

Is there a bolt on the bottom of the bellhousing?

Mycarispurty

I'm trying to remove the engine seperate from the tranny on my 280Z. I've got the motor mounts broke loose from the side of the block, all the wires removed, etc. I've removed all the bolts on the bellhousing I can feel. Is there one I'm missing that's on the bottmo of the bellhousing or something? The engine is lifting up and bring the car along with it, it's not seperating and just curious if I missed one. It's been so long since I've removed an engine from a Z I can't remember.

Yeah, you need to slide the motor forwards off of the transmission slightly before you lift it up very much. Lower the engine fully, lift it back up just a *little* bit off of the mounts, and get a crowbar to wedge the engine and trans apart. Don't force it TOO hard, and honestly.. its probably better to try the clutch first (Like Rags said above.)

Thats actually a very good point Rags; thanks!

Forgot about this post :)

I figured out what it was. I didn't think the clutch slave cylinder down there needed to be removed, but I figured what the heck I will. THEN I felt the other bolt that I wasn't able to see or feel. It was hidden behind the clutch slave cylinder. Once that bolt was out, the engine came right out.

Good point about pushing the clutch pedal in like that, I woulda never thought about that. I'll keep that bit of info in my head for future use, whether for me or someone else.