HybridZ

Datsun vs Argo 8x8

Canadianz

So my sister decided to park our new Argo 8x8 into the side of my car. I got a phone call saying that she was really sorry and put a "small ding" in the door. Whatever no big deal, I have all winter to fix it as I live in Canada. Any how when I saw it, well the damage was a little more than a ding. The door is punctured by winch and the bush bar has warped the entire panel. Also I I think it may have broken some of the spot welds that hold the skin onto the door. My brother and I contemplated bonding a fiberglass skin to the door or would it be better off just buying a new used door ?

Here are some pics of the mayhem. . . .

n72604599_38599910_8157.jpg

n72604599_38599912_3912.jpg

n72604599_38599913_9106.jpg

n72604599_38599915_9749.jpg

n72604599_38599914_9424.jpg

Any how Im in the door market and I guess this gives me an excuse to paint the car too if the door doesn't match.

I'd go with a new door too, those curves at the top are hard to reach and a little cramped to straighten.

On a side note, about a month ago I was moving my dad's Argo six wheeler when the throttle got jammed wide open. I had to swerve, tear up the neighbor's lawn and narrowly avoid hitting the side of his house before I got around to turning the key off.

No offense, my friend, but I believe it is your sister herself, who is the small ding.... THAT is definitely NOT a small ding.

Don't forget that the 77-78 280 doors are wholly different, I couldn't tell what year your car was.

His car is a series one.

I vote for a whole new door. Those tears look kinda weird - not sure how much of your door was there... looks like it may have been rusty.

:lol:

Thanks for the input guys, you cheered me up, it is a series one car and as Jerry says the snow is flying today so we now have all winter to fix it. The one bright piece of news is that my sister does happen to have a very comprehensive liability policy on her insurance which may cover the cost of the door + a new paint job, so this incident might havea silver lining. That is kinda weird to hear about the throttle sticking on the Argo's. I hope its not the case with this one, its a 2008 brand new. Who knows though. Any how I guess I better start the search !

Thanks !

Chris and Rob Crombie

True.. It could have been our 1954 dodge m37, there wouldnt have been any datsun left.. that being said, youre right Jerry, at least the damage was limited to just the door and not the body on either side!

So, I think we will just salvage the glass and interior panels etc. and transfer them to a new door, so if anyone near Ontario has one from a 240, we need one, and sister/ sister's insurance is footing the bill! :)

The door definitely did have some rust underneath, but before this it looked good so we weren't going to do anything about it.. If we play our cards right though, we should be able to get a paintjob out of this, as well as a new door.

Oh well, the old door never shut right anyway!

[edit]

ahaha Chris, synchronized posting!

Sorry, I got the make mixed up. The one my dad owns is a Max, not an Argo. It's probably a late nineties model, and as I was maneuvering it toward it's spot in the driveway the heated throttle cable snapped and jammed in its sheath leaving it at WOT with me playing avoid the obstacles.

The cable had rotted because the 6x6 occasionally gets left outside. Since the throttle lever is mounted to the steering bars, rain water pools up inside the cable's housing. Just a heads up in case yours is of a similar design.