HybridZ

phantom lsd $290 shipped!

Guest scca

Guest scca

ok got the pricing finalized. i think the shipping will be less than originally thought. wont know till i go to ship them but from the size and weight $10 SHOULD cover it.

if you mail a check or money order only $290

if you want to use paypal or a credit card $300

basically giving a cash discount.

will ship out as payment is received- they

have to ship to me first then out to you.

checks wait to clear for shipping -

Mike,

Have they told you how to break in? Just curious because to break them in for a Mits Eclipse FWD, you have to do 5-10 burn outs in a row before both wheels starts grabbing. BTW you only have to do it once. I guess the fun part will be breaking them in if it's the same way. I heard all positive feed backs on the DSM Forums.

Guest scca

they told me everything needed for the install comes with the units... seems like it should be a DIY install..

havent heard of a "break in" but i would think it would be pretty easy to follow whatever directions come with

Guest Anonymous

I doubt the integrety would be surpassed by... say a clutch type LSD r200 from a z31 with 100k-some odd miles on it.

Talk to you soon Mike.

-980mak

Guest scca

Mak- its only the lsd portion so no gears come with.

Pete, AFAIK there is no special machining needed for our application.

look at the longer thread someone here already bought it and installed it - just hasnt put it thru its paces yet for a road test report

have the pg lsd in my z now [r-200, 3.9]. just put it in last week, unfortunately haven't been able to put it to the test yet...

install was pretty simple, remove diff, remove stub axles & cover. remove bolts & brackets which hold bearings/ends of "carrier/spider gears. punch out roll pin which holds [approx] 5/8" pin thru center of carrier and remove the pin. insert pg between spiders, reinstall pin. i believe they have tools which [once compressed] hold the pg together for install, i made my own. then reassemble, using ls additive in the diff lube.

i'll post more once i've logged some driving time.

--------------------

david

1 tuff z

z car club of rochester

Hey SCCA,

Paypal gets you the money but it is up to me to say THANKS for taking the time to arrange the group purchase. I don't think I would have purchased a Phantom Grip by myself as I am a doubter of advertising claims.

thanks Again,

Dennis

cheers.gif

Guest scca

hey no problem a friend and i both wanted one for our cars and i didnt want to pay "retail" either,,

i'm just a anti-retail kind of guy flamedevil.gif

this way i get mine cheaper too and i can get more later at a discount but unless i buy bunches at a time not the same deal so those that get it now get a bit better deal just like the SDS one

Guest Anonymous

I want one! The check (money order) will be in the mail. Do I send it to the an address on your website?

Mike thanks for doing this.

Jon

Guest scca

thanks...

and wow a 11 second NEON??

--- copied from other post...

there were some discussions earlier on phantom grip lsd being used, cost factor vs. reliability factors (ie. most stuff that's cheap = not good). I was perusing neons.org, and one of the guys that has a 10 second turbo neon (he's the one videotaping) posted a video they shot of another guy's turbo stage 4 neon with phantom grip. It runs low 11s (one shown in the vid clip)

http://homepage.mac.com/ndseat/imovies/iMovieTheater2.html

notice that there's no clutch drop, it's all throttle from the burnout. I know of several other folks running phantom grip LSD in their neons without any problems - it's a great bang for the buck to get an lsd for under 300 bucks.

--------------------